jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1321, 1322, 1323 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catisneko

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:

Just finished this one, watched it in 2 days (it's only 4 episodes though) and loved it to pieces! Left me feeling warm and fuzzy inside, a much better family drama than 11 Nin mo Iru. It has a little old-fashioned touch, it could very well been set in the 70ties or 80ties. And wow, Kamiki Ryunosuke and Narumi Riko are grown-ups now.

I agree. It's very good and heartwarming. I wish it could have gone longer than 4 episodes but the ending was very satisfying.

I'm currently watching Galileo 2, Kamo, Kyoto e iku and Kazoku Game.

@xploring where did you get Amachan? I've been meaning to watch it. Big Grin

@monta - I also think that Suzuki Honami has too little scenes but maybe we'll get more soon.
calvinches

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:
I have fished out Nakuna, Hara-chan from last season - enjoyable!

Yeah, isn't it? My husband and I watched it while it was airing, which meant no subtitles. But I'm so lucky he can speak/understand Japanese so he was translating everything for me!

It's too bad this drama didn't do too well in the ratings game, but got quite a lot of views online (e.g. Dailymotion)!
xploring

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

catisneko wrote:

@xploring where did you get Amachan? I've been meaning to watch it. Big Grin

http://weibo.cn/fantuanzimu

Only Chinese Hardsub though. And you need to know Chinese to navigate the download site... You can watch streaming video at the links after "bilibili"

Finish the first 3 weeks of Amachan. Fun, but also serious at times, and more complicated than I expected, particularly with the relationships. I am still not sure what this series is really about, especially in view of spoilers I've read. Nounen Rena is super kawaii and a good actress too. There are still a lot I am not sure what to make of, so not sure what to say, but watching 15-minutes episodes felt like they were over in a much shorter time, that's always a good sign.
catisneko

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:

http://weibo.cn/fantuanzimu

Only Chinese Hardsub though. And you need to know Chinese to navigate the download site... You can watch streaming video at the links after "bilibili"

Finish the first 3 weeks of Amachan. Fun, but also serious at times, and more complicated than I expected, particularly with the relationships. I am still not sure what this series is really about, especially in view of spoilers I've read. Nounen Rena is super kawaii and a good actress too. There are still a lot I am not sure what to make of, so not sure what to say, but watching 15-minutes episodes felt like they were over in a much shorter time, that's always a good sign.

Thanks! Thanx! I can't read chinese but I think I can get my friend to help me dl it. I've seen good reviews about the drama and yeah, Nounen Rena is adorable. Thanks again!
EstherM

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

calvinches wrote:

Yeah, isn't it? My husband and I watched it while it was airing, which meant no subtitles. But I'm so lucky he can speak/understand Japanese so he was translating everything for me!

It's too bad this drama didn't do too well in the ratings game, but got quite a lot of views online (e.g. Dailymotion)!

That was a very sweet innocent drama, I would recommend it to anyone feeling a little down or tired. But you need a little fantasy, it is very much a small-town fairy tale.

Also I would highly recommend to watch this drama without subtitles if you are an intermediate student of Japanese, Hara-chan speaks like a text book and doesn't know a lot of words that have to be explained to him.

I will against better judgement watch Last Cinderella tonight ... just because I'll be home ...
xploring

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Week 4 of Amachan totally won me over. I ended up with a big happy grin as I finished watching it. This series is probably not as complicated than I made it out to be, Haruko (and her past) is the complicated one, Aki is actually a very sweet, adorable, ordinary girl. The end of week 4 is a good place to stop, if I continue watching, the wait every week will probably become agonizing.
calvinches

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:

That was a very sweet innocent drama, I would recommend it to anyone feeling a little down or tired. But you need a little fantasy, it is very much a small-town fairy tale.

Also I would highly recommend to watch this drama without subtitles if you are an intermediate student of Japanese, Hara-chan speaks like a text book and doesn't know a lot of words that have to be explained to him.

Right, Hara-chan's character was very pure and innocent. Just recently, we watched Gal Circle, and Fujiki Naohito's character (Shinnosuke) reminded us of Hara-chan because he was also an "alien" type of character (he was a cowboy from Arizona), so he looked out of place in Tokyo, and there were also a lot of words he wasn't familiar with.

Yeah, I sometimes try to watch without subtitles, but I'm just so lost without them! I guess my Japanese isn't even preschool level yet! Nut
junny

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

calvinches wrote:

Right, Hara-chan's character was very pure and innocent. Just recently, we watched Gal Circle, and Fujiki Naohito's character (Shinnosuke) reminded us of Hara-chan because he was also an "alien" type of character (he was a cowboy from Arizona), so he looked out of place in Tokyo, and there were also a lot of words he wasn't familiar with.

I like Gal Circle. It was silly but had some sweet spots, and I liked Fujiki's portrayal of Shinnosuke. Sato Ryuta's policeman was a riot too.

blog
calvinches

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

I like Gal Circle. It was silly but had some sweet spots, and I liked Fujiki's portrayal of Shinnosuke. Sato Ryuta's policeman was a riot too.

Haha well it was the first time I saw Fujiki in an un-serious role so I was surprised he could actually be a funny actor too! And yeah Sato Ryuta is so good at playing roles like that, the miserable guy who is arrogant but always makes the wrong move. I liked him in Utahime too!
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm catching on to the detective fever.

Shake Head Gave Up: Doubles resembles Double Score (is the title coincidental?), but the cases bleh

Shake Head Gave Up: Galileo2...scriptwriters are running out of creative juices..... (or maybe my expectations are sky-high)

rofl still watching Keiji 110kg...'heavyweighted' cast? Not sure how long his weight can keep the show going. But it was still funny in episode 2

Dancing Still watching: Sennyu Tantei Tokage's cases turned out better than expected (or maybe my expectations are below sea-level). Terrible acting, though.

Nut Still watching : Meshibana Keiji Tachibana. Trying not to watch this before sleep.

Fingers crossed waiting to catch Kakushou ~ Keishichou Sousa 3-ka to support Takahashi Katsumi as lead....and Take FIve, of course.

Crazy to watch so many keiji dramas at once. I wouldn't be surprised if i get all confused at the end of the day.

hehe Still watching: Mielino Kashiwagi - about a cafe which 'matchbreak'(as vs matchmake?) couples. SURREAL !

Bow Still watching: Mayonaka no Panya-san - reminds me of Shinya Shokudo. People with emotional baggages come into the bakery and the story begins.

Last edited by Eyeyore on Tue May 14, 2013 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
EstherM

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ You know a season is beyond bad when the most likable drama is the one starring Tacky as the midnight baker. Mr Green I stumbled on one episode the other night and enjoyed it.

I have dropped all detective dramas expect Kakusho, it's likable for 2 reasons, the female newbie is allowed some brain and the lead of course. Cases are okay.
catisneko

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I started watching Tokage unfortunately I thought that episode 1 was really really really bad. Is it worth to continue watching because I don't have to motivation in doing so, sadly.
WhiteHawk

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished ���g (Bunshin) earlier tonight. Can't find it in the list to add to My Dramas. Anyway, good stuff. Nagasawa Masami was *almost* as cute as she was in Yasashii Jikan, and Higashino Keigo has quickly become one of my favorite writers.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:
^ You know a season is beyond bad when the most likable drama is the one starring Tacky as the midnight baker. Mr Green I stumbled on one episode the other night and enjoyed it.

I have dropped all detective dramas expect Kakusho, it's likable for 2 reasons, the female newbie is allowed some brain and the lead of course. Cases are okay.

lol As to date the midnight baker is second on my list.
First on my list, now...
Rolly Take 5 - ~ Oretachi wa Ai wo Nusumeru ka --FABULOUS (or maybe my expectations were below the hemline)
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eyeyore wrote:

First on my list, now...
Rolly Take 5 - ~ Oretachi wa Ai wo Nusumeru ka --FABULOUS (or maybe my expectations were below the hemline)

I just checked out the cast of 'Take 5' and to paraphrase EstherM, "You know it's a bad season when Goro is in the best drama." Bonk
monta

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:

LOL

I feel like I can't drop doubles though. I mean it does have Hideaki Ito and Sakaguchi Kenji showering half-naked at the end of each episode.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

monta wrote:

LOL

I feel like I can't drop doubles though. I mean it does have Hideaki Ito and Sakaguchi Kenji showering half-naked at the end of each episode.

I knew somebody was watching just for that. hehe

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^As for Doubles, I am hoping at the end of the show, somebody will combine all the shower scenes and make a youtube tribute video. I would watch that!

So Take 5 is the drama to watch? I'll check it out!
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mwahaha Should have called it "Take 50" .

rofl watching Kakusho...ep 5...witty script
calvinches

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now nearing the finale of Kekkon Dekinai Otoko.

I had doubts about this one at first because I didn't particularly like Dragon Zakura which also starred Abe Hiroshi. But after one episode, it wasn't disappointing at all! The tone has been quiet all along but not dragging in any way. Very real world and everyday life but still pretty interesting because of that tension between characters. At this point, I really don't have a clue as to how it's going to end. Rather, I have a guess or two Naughty

So yeah I'm looking forward to that ending tonight! w00t!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1321, 1322, 1323 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1322 of 1375

Jump to: