jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1323, 1324, 1325 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching Ep 1 of Last Cinderella.
I'm still having trying to come to terms that the lead is not the same badass cop from Unfair.... Sweat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jun to Ai Week 1-4

Didn't really like Jun at the beginning but I am quickly warming up to her. Kazama Shunsuke was the one who kept me watching, but Natsuna shone as the story progressed. The romance/relationship between Jun and Itoshi is unconventional and interesting.

Switch Girl

I watched a few episodes awhile ago. The start was fun and interesting but then it descent into typical shoujo manga plot lines. Nishiuchi Mariya does comedy and emotional scenes really well, very impressed by her. Looking forward to seeing more of her in other dramas.

Amachan

Couldn't resist and continued watching. Had a great time and enjoyed it immensely, but the wait was agonising. Aki (Nounen Rena) has become an instant favourite.
xploring

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoyed Jun to Ai, until Jun returned to Miyako from Osaka in week 12. Impending doom and the fact that I can't stand Jun's father made it excruciating for me to continue watching. Skipped a bit to see if it got better, but no, regrettably, I am giving up on this series.

I found the writing at the beginning to be very good, a lot of food for thought, and easy to watch for some very serious and heavy topics. Natsuna carried the series really well, especially when you consider the absence of any major supporting role from veteran actor/actress, which is unusual for an asadora. Jun's relationship with Itoshi felt very realistic and interesting, but Itoshi's development stalled... And I didn't like Jun's family in general... Jun-Itoshi was the highlight for me.
zenith777

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:
Episode 6 Last Cinderella, why oh why am I not dropping this?
The preview of episode 7 showed that they are going to use one of the most silly cliche ever invented, but I guess I will be watching tonight.

Update: watched now episode 7, a few twists were added to keep us viewers guessing but I think I know how it's going to end.

After watching ep.8, I'm getting confused how it's going to end. Then come to ep.9, I think if you said "a few twist", I think I know what's your ending scenario Bonk, but I still hope a different ending Bonk

Ohh, I also found something interesting, Shinohara Ryoko who played as Toyama Sakura-san (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Shinohara_Ryoko) married with Ichimura Masachika (http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ichimura_Masachika). If you see the birthdate carefully, you will see that :

Shinohara Ryoko -> 1973-Aug-13
Ichimura Masachika -> 1949-Jan-28

Their age difference is 24 Shocked

This is the same age difference between Hiroto-kun and Sakura-san in the story. Her real husband is 24 years older and her boyfriend (in the story) is 24 years younger Mr Green

junny wrote:
I'm stuck on ep 3 and wondering if I should continue. Sakura is so awful (I blame both the writing and Shinohara Ryoko) that I can't quite imagine Rintaro with her. Hiroto is a snooze fest.

I suggest keep watching it. When you found the big picture of this drama, the story will be getting more and more interesting. Well, about Sakura lifestyle, I think the storywriter just want to show how she goes on living without boyfriend/housemate for 39 years Sweat Sweat
In fact, I'm quite shocked Shocked that Miura (Hiroto-kun) is so different with the last time I saw him in Bloody Monday (http://www.jdorama.com/drama.1343.htm) Sweat Sweat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finally got around to starting "Galileo 2". Did they really have to make the first episode over an hour long? We already know the setup, seemed like it went on forever. There's been some complaining about no Kou but I'm willing to give Yoshitaka a fair chance.

It still cracks me up that at the end of every episode they put that "don't try this at home" disclaimer. Do they really think people will try to do that stuff? Crazy
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now up thru episode 7 of 'Galileo 2'. Nothing really knew, it's the same format as the original. Although they have brought out some pretty serious eye-candy. Yui Natsukawa was special guest villainess in episode 6, Yu Kashii in episode 7 and it looks like Yuu Aoi will be episode 8. HOT!
junny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zenith777 wrote:

I suggest keep watching it. When you found the big picture of this drama, the story will be getting more and more interesting. Well, about Sakura lifestyle, I think the storywriter just want to show how she goes on living without boyfriend/housemate for 39 years Sweat Sweat
In fact, I'm quite shocked Shocked that Miura (Hiroto-kun) is so different with the last time I saw him in Bloody Monday (http://www.jdorama.com/drama.1343.htm) Sweat Sweat

Well, I have put it on hold. I dislike Shinohara Ryoko and Miura Haruma looks boring to me (ditto their characters). It's got to the point where I hope Sakura ends up with her bathroom sink... she's that irritating and neither of the men deserve her.

blog
WhiteHawk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Now up thru episode 7 of 'Galileo 2'. Nothing really knew, it's the same format as the original. Although they have brought out some pretty serious eye-candy. Yui Natsukawa was special guest villainess in episode 6, Yu Kashii in episode 7 and it looks like Yuu Aoi will be episode 8. HOT!

I've watched up through episode 9. Remember the SP where they went to the beach? That was eye-candy overload! Bonk

Looks like Yuki Amami will guest in episode 10 (and 11?). I've always respected her work, so this should make for a good show. Bow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished 'Doubles'. It nearly finished me. Beaten

The scary part is during the last scene they imply there might be a second series. I really don't see how. Crazy
WhiteHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Finished 'Doubles'. It nearly finished me. Beaten

The scary part is during the last scene they imply there might be a second series. I really don't see how. Crazy

I didn't think it was so bad. Sure, we didn't get a shower scene with Uchida-san and Watanabe-san Puppy Dog Eyes in the interest of fairness. (Yeah, fairness, that's it!) Still, I've seen much worse dramas.

Watched the first half of the Galileo 2 finale last night. Very happy to see Amami-san as the guest suspect. Even happier to see that the storyline comes from one of Keigo Higashino's excellent books, which I read last year. I'm all sorts of geeky/giddy over here. Bonk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Oh, I've seen lots of worse dramas (see my comments for 'Fukaku Mogure' and 'Sailor Fuku to Kikanju'). I just thought it could have been better.

Anyway, OT, while waiting for subs on the rest of 'Galileo 2' started watching 'Kodoku no Gurume 2': http://www.jdorama.com/drama.1777.htm

Basically the same as the first one. Matsushige wanders around to various restaurants and gorges himself. My favorite part of each show is at the end when the creator of the manga Masayuki Qusumi goes to the restaurants and talks to the real owners.

As much of a foodie as he is I can't believe Tu triky doesn't have these two dramas at home running on a continual loop. Drooling
arnel98

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

watching Kasuka na Kanojo. Its a bit of a new twist for a school drama... I find the ghost character quite charming at times

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished the second season of Galileo last night. As good as the two-part finale was, the book was even better (books typically have the advantage).

Now to watch Galileo XX tonight...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arnel98 wrote:
watching Kasuka na Kanojo. Its a bit of a new twist for a school drama... I find the ghost character quite charming at times

Well, it's got Shingo in it which is usually a deal killer for me, but it's also got Anne (Ken Watanabe's daughter) and I'm a big fan of hers. Right now 18.2 is showing 'Namae o Nakushita Megami' which she is in as well. It's like they took some of my favorite actresses, (Anne, Ryo, Machiko Ono, Yoshino Kimura) and put them in one of my least favorite scenarios the 'backstabbing neighbors from hell' situation. Remains to be seen if I'll finish it.

EstherM mentioned 'Moteki' in the recommendations thread. Realized I hadn't seen it so I've watched the first two episodes and so far it's great!! Besides having another of my favorites, Hikari Mitsushima, Mirai Moriyama is perfect as Fujimoto. Applaud
arnel98

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

Well, it's got Shingo in it which is usually a deal killer for me, but it's also got Anne (Ken Watanabe's daughter) and I'm a big fan of hers. Right now 18.2 is showing 'Namae o Nakushita Megami' which she is in as well. It's like they took some of my favorite actresses, (Anne, Ryo, Machiko Ono, Yoshino Kimura) and put them in one of my least favorite scenarios the 'backstabbing neighbors from hell' situation. Remains to be seen if I'll finish it.

EstherM mentioned 'Moteki' in the recommendations thread. Realized I hadn't seen it so I've watched the first two episodes and so far it's great!! Besides having another of my favorites, Hikari Mitsushima, Mirai Moriyama is perfect as Fujimoto. Applaud

hmm, the only other series I remember shingo in is Bara no Nai Hanaya - and it was an ok series, I think. Anyway, what other shows does Anne star in which has a good story? Would like to watch more...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched Queen of the Classroom this week. Probably the best teacher-classroom drama I have seen, definitely with its direct, no-nonsense, realistic view of people and society. The writing hit home for me, it holds some very valuable lessons for those young/inexperienced in dealing with the challenges of life. The star of the show was not the teacher for me though, it's the student. If not for Kazumi (Shida Mirai), I doubt whether Maya-sensei's method would have an overall positive effects, definitely not for everyone I don't think. Shida Mirai really carried the show and was the heart of the series. I knew she was great with the serious stuff, but didn't realize how good she was with comedy too. Wish the writing has given more time to Hikaru, I felt her relationship and bond with Kazumi had a lot of potential. There were a few times in the middle when I felt things were a bit too good to be true, Kazumi's relationship with her friends could have been developed much more with time, and the final exchange between Maya and Kazumi was too short for me, but those points aside, this was a terrific drama. I knew before watching that the teacher was not as she seemed, so that made it easier for me to watch and enjoy the series. 9/10
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arnel98 wrote:

hmm, the only other series I remember shingo in is Bara no Nai Hanaya - and it was an ok series, I think. Anyway, what other shows does Anne star in which has a good story? Would like to watch more...

I'm probably a little too hard on Shingo. It comes from him being totally miscast as Kondo Isami in the taiga 'Shinsengumi' which isn't his fault. That was the taiga where NHK went from casting good actors to "stars" in the lead and taigas have suffered ever since. I actually liked Shingo a lot in 'Hito ni Yasashiku'.

As far as Anne goes, I liked 'Joker': http://www.jdorama.com/drama.1533.htm. A rogue cop/vigilante drama. It does have a few holes in the plot but I was able to overlook those. She was also one of the few bright spots in last years otherwise awful taiga 'Taira no Kiyomori', and it says she was in 'Samurai High School' which I remember liking because of the Don Quixote/Sancho Panza relationship between Miura and Shirota. But I'm drawing a blank on Anne being in that, don't remember her at all. Bonk

Quote:
I watched Queen of the Classroom this week. Probably the best teacher-classroom drama I have seen

Definitely agree, one of the really good ones. Mirai Shida really carries the show. Applaud
arnel98

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, gonna give Joker a try then...

On another note, started watcvhing Soratobu Kouhoushitsu - this is definitely another great series I've seen this year....
the main casts have been pretty good and story is well made

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arnel98 wrote:
hmm, gonna give Joker a try then...

Don't give up on 'Samurai High School'. I seem to recall it was one of the better dramas of that season.

OT finished 'Moteki'. Pretty good take on the 'nerd that can't get laid' scenario. Moriyama great as Fujimoto. The four main actresses good as well and once again Hikari Mitsushima was outstanding. Applaud

Edit: It was bothering me that I couldn't remember Anne in 'Samurai High School' so I watched the first episode again and it did come back to me. Turns out I had also forgotten that it was Mimura who plays the strange librarian. I think this is one of those dramas where you either 'buy into it' and believe Miura thinking he's a samurai from the sengoku period or you don't. And if you don't, it just doesn't work. One other thing: the pants the boys wear at that high school are the UGLIEST I've ever seen!
WD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arnel98 wrote:

Kasuka na Kanojo is one of my favourite dramas this season. For a school drama, it's surprisingly much more real and less cheesy.

And the other one will have to be Soratobu Kouhoshitsu. Just an excellent drama overall.

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1323, 1324, 1325 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1324 of 1375

Jump to: