jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1334, 1335, 1336 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sassyanne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Skip beat ❤️
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sassyanne wrote:
Skip beat ❤️

^ Head Scratch Fanboys behaving oddly.

Watched episode 2 of 'Kinkyu Torishirabeshitsu'. They toned down the overacting although the previews indicate it will be back with a vengeance in episode 3.

Episode 2 wasn't bad, but there was a hole in the plot big enough to drive a truck through.

Last edited by gaijinmark on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
xploring

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Big Money. Very average drama, slow and doesn't delve deeply into stockbroking. Not sure why I finished it. Nagase Tomoya looked cool but not much else. Harada Taizo was mildly interesting but ultimately unconvincing in the rogue trader role, and the girls only provided eye candy. 6/10
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't get my eyes off 'S – Saigo no Keikan'. Thumbsup Google Google But Ep3 is whimsical with a couple of hunks carrying bed bolsters disguised as logs.....The supporting cast reminds me of a daimyo ordering his 10 samurai; and the bad guys, ronin.

Watching Osen now to comfort myself that my tray of supermarket sushi is really worth the price.

gaijinmark wrote:

Watched episode 2 of 'Kinkyu Torishirabeshitsu'. They toned down the overacting although the previews indicate it will be back with a vengeance in episode 3.

Episode 2 wasn't bad, but there was a hole in the plot big enough to drive a truck through.

Thanks for the warning. Will skip Ep2 and wait for Ep3.

xploring wrote:

Big Money. Very average drama, slow and doesn't delve deeply into stockbroking. Not sure why I finished it. Nagase Tomoya looked cool but not much else. Harada Taizo was mildly interesting but ultimately unconvincing in the rogue trader role, and the girls only provided eye candy. 6/10

Perhaps 'Big Money' is only relevant and interesting during that era, like 'Wall Street'. Post-2009, these are lame plots.

(sorry, moderator: why do some of my words get highlighted in turquoise, with url links? must i do something to my settings?)
arnel98

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started watching Gochisousan...
Its a nice asadora and nice watching a series starring Anne again

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eyeyore wrote:
Thanks for the warning. Will skip Ep2 and wait for Ep3.

I think you might have misunderstood my comment. I thought episode 2 was better than episode 1 and judging from all the screaming in the previews is probably better than episode 3 as well. It's just that it was pretty obvious who the real killer was early on.

Watched episode 1 of 'Ofukou-san':http://www.jdorama.com/drama.1929.htm

At first it looked like this was going to be real stupid but by the end of the first episode it might not be too bad after all. Which is primarily because of Shihori Kanjiya. She really is a very underrated actress. Applaud
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

I thought episode 2 was better than episode 1 and judging from all the screaming in the previews is probably better than episode 3 as well.

Shows what I know. Bonk

Episode 3 was the best one so far. And there is a subplot involving what happened to Yuki's husband which probably won't get resolved until the final episode. Looks like Masao Kusakari (Yuki's bosses boss) is involved somehow.
Rinrin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Toshi Densetsu No Onna 2, pretty much the same thing as 1. Takenaka Naoto's character is the best thing about the drama. hehe

Started on:

Kinkyu Torshirabeshitsu - Gotta agree with gaijinmark on the overacting (except for Kohinata Fumiyo maybe), and Amami Yuki's hair (totally rocking the short 'do). Still, it's watchable so I'll probably contine watching this one (plus I love Amami Yuki). Also, for some reason everytime I see Kusakari Masao I keep thinking "sekuhara oyaji". Mr Green

Sanbiki No Ossan - Not a hardcore mystery drama or anything. Just typical old guys showing up the young guys kinda thing, but cute and fun. Izumiya Shigeru is always fun to watch.

Senryokugai Sosakan - A lot better than I thought it would be, and Takahiro's acting is also a lot better than I thought it would be (still a little on the stiff side though). Sekine Tsutomu's character is awesome! rofl

S - Saigo No Keikan - This was also a lot better than I thought it would be. I was kind of expecting a very serious type of drama which it is, but at the same time not. Very easy to watch, a lot of the characters are very likeable, and there are many light-hearted as well as comedic moments. There is, however, a lot of violence and explosions so more squeamish people might pass on this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Episode 4 of 'Ashita Mama ga inai'. Of the four main kids this episode focused most on the one I care about the least but they still made it interesting. Thumbsup
WhiteHawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing new catching my interest, so I went back and re-watched Bunshin. It's not on the list here, so I can't add to My Dramas. Maybe because it was only 5 episodes...? Anyway, it's another Higashino Keigo story, so it's quite good. And Nagasawa Masami plays three different characters, including her "original" (you have to see it to get it) who is some forty years older.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to diving into Season Two of Dr. X.

After my mother goes home I'll be able to start. Victory! Peace!

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
xploring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Buzzer Beat. Formulaic romance, not much to it, but I like the girls.
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Held back watching this Saikou No Jinsei No Owarikata until this week because I don't like Yamapi. Gee, this drama is watchable after all. Still, the old man and Yamapi reminded me of Kurosagi, one drama which i disliked immensely.

...wonder if this drama was inspired by Okuribito.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I usually avoid 'terminal illness' dramas like the plague (no pun intended) but started watching 'Boku no Ita Jikan': http://www.jdorama.com/drama.1913.htm.

Mostly because of Haruma Miura. He was good in the 'Bloody Monday' dramas and great in 'Samurai High School'. They've changed up the casting a little. Shunsuke Kazama usually plays the back stabbing a**hole is Miura's happy go lucky buddy, the back stabbing part being played by Takumi Saito. Mikako Tabe is Miura's girlfriend. She hadn't made much of an impression in the stuff I'd seen her in before but she's pretty good so far in this.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Up to episode 4 of 'Kinkyu Torishirabeshitsu'. This is getting better with every episode. I don't want to jinx it, but this might be Yuki's best drama since, , , 'Queen's Classroom' or 'Rikon Bengoshi'.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Up thru episode 7 of 'Boku no Ita Jikan'. Takumi Saito's character isn't a bad guy after all that was just kind of the impression I got in the first couple episodes, he's an okay guy.

This is pretty good so far, they haven't made Miura's character pitiful which would have been easy to do, all the characters seem like real people. Which is what happens when you use real actors.
Eve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last ep of Priceless.

Doctor X II up next!! Dancing

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:
Doctor X II up next!! Dancing

Cool. Victory! Peace!
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Episode 5 of 'Ashita Mama ga Inai'. I guess some people in Japan are still complaining but I have no idea why, I guess they have nothing better to do.

The drama itself is good but not great, probably just a little above average. The fun is watching these kids. 10 years from now will we be saying, 'You could see how good they were even back then.' or 'Whatever happened to them?'
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Episode 5 of 'Kinkyu Torishirabeshitsu'. This is a lot better than 'BOSS'. Funny how 'BOSS' had several 'A List' actors (Takenouchi, Erika Toda, Michiko Kichise, Sorimachi) and got great ratings but it wasn't nearly as good as 'Kinkyu' is which has except for Kohinata what I would call journeymen actors and is getting decent but not great ratings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1334, 1335, 1336 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1335 of 1375

Jump to: