jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
WHO speaks English ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akakage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ainangst..Joe did not study at NYC but at State Univeristy of California at Fresno. (I'm a joe fan..hehehee..)

I know Sho can speak english very good..hmm..I wish I could see that clip you mention.
melting_snow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ainangst wrote:

Not forgetting the handsome-hawt-Keio Boy, Sakurai Sho (please refer to my lovely sig hehe )
Saw some clips of him speaking English really well Applaud

I would love to watch the clip too!!! Dancing
Saito_Hajime

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryuhei Matsuda speaks english in Collage of our Life but I doubt that he understands it very well. I think he just memorized the script.

Location: Infront of my computer rushing reports while fan-girling

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New here, just passing by and wanna say Oshio Manabu speaks fluent English too, Mr Green
But I saw the first post it only asked whether members of SMAP and TOKIO speaks English, well... Haha~ Just a random comment tho.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is random ,anyone know lead singer from the B'z Koshi Inaba ?he speaks pretty good english .
chrisayan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jimmy mackey from johnnys jr ofcourse><he is half japanese and half american~~~his english is damn good!!
arashi4dream

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

melting_snow wrote:

I would love to watch the clip too!!! Dancing

Here you are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdCkHxXWH8g&search=sho%20english

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwEezDU5Rkk&search=ARASHI%20ENGLISH

that's SHO speaking english he's the best speaking english I think, very good, Once in his radio programme a pair of peruan fans write to he in english and he answer them totally fluently, he can say too some words in spanish . in arashi MATSUMOTO it's not very well here you are the prove:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlmK3L7y4ck&search=ARASHI%20ENGLISH

OHNO and NINO can't speak english even ninomiya is in hollywood right now making a film , and AIBA speaks something

From Kat-tun UEDA can speak english and french too. I heard MARU saying some words in english but I don't know if he can speak it

In news TEGOSHI is very well in english and I think that MASSU SHIGE KOYAMA and KUSSA can speak english too not as well as tegoshi but I think they can even is not the favourite subejct of Kussa. I 'm not sure if that four can speak english fluently but they seem.

I didn't know than jin is learning spanish thanx for the information I LUV V6!

I want to request something:
If anyone have a video of any news speaking english please notice me Bow I want to see them speaking english Dancing
arashi4dream

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry i have just read my post and I don't know why I said that jin is lerning spanish Sweat Sweat he's learning english like said " I LUV V6!" sorry again
Squall_Ryuji

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, my Odagiri Joe can speak English well hehe he's been in US 4 around 2 yrs and he intended to study movie directing at 1st, but some mistakes led him to the acting classes Mr Green (am i correct Mr Green)

And hey, i've juz found a MV Smap sang "I want it that way" wiz Back Street Boys hehe Shingo sang quiet well hehe but the rest errr ... Puppy Dog Eyes but I luv Brian wiz the part "Belive when "Shingo" says " Dancing

Link for those who r interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQUpADkJOKU&search=smap%20x%20smap

Btw, wanna ask sumthing, how come Shingo luv 2 say "I'm not gay" in his introduction Shocked wad's wrong wiz him ? Shocked
shin2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Over the weekend, I watched Triple Kitchen, a made-for-TV movie in which Yoko Nogiwa and Shiro Ito reprised their roles from the 1993 series Double Kitchen . In this movie, a number of the characters had to speak some English; most stumbled through their lines. One little girl (playing Makiko Esumi's daughter) spoke English flawlessly and naturally, complete with an English accent. But the surprise to me was Yoko Nogiwa, the great character actress who has probably been in close to a hundred series and movies in her long career. She gave a wonderful speech in English which was clear with perfect pronunciation. It was the first time I had heard her speak English; she seems comfortably fluent in it.
monta

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i never knew there was such thread...

I heard Yuna Ito and Angela Aki are friends and daymn those 2 girls can speak english as good as hell. doesn't sound japanese at all to me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

monta wrote:

That's why there's a "Next" at the right top and bottom of the thread pages. Beaten hehe Bleah
kyon-kyon chan

Location: Somewhere... with Kame, Ryoko Hirosue, Gakki and MatsuKen..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

monta wrote:

I heard Yuna Ito and Angela Aki are friends and daymn those 2 girls can speak english as good as hell. doesn't sound japanese at all to me

yeah, b'coz both of them are mix-blood..
kyon-kyon chan

Location: Somewhere... with Kame, Ryoko Hirosue, Gakki and MatsuKen..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

That's why there's a "Next" at the right top and bottom of the thread pages. Beaten hehe Bleah

hehe
ruji

Location: 13��00' North of the Equator, 122��00' East of Greenwich

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Akakage wrote:

I think Watanabe Ken's English has improved now ever since the Last Samurai.

I'm not really sure, but I think Ken's english was already great to begin with, even before the Last Samurai. I think he had to "tone down" his english skills because he was playing a still-learning-english samurai, and thanks to that great performance, it earned him a Best Supporting Actor nomination in the Oscars.
monta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

ashamed rofl

kyon-kyon chan wrote:

yeah, b'coz both of them are mix-blood..

true. but that doesn't mean anything to Angela Aki. i saw this english learning show or somethin at NHK and Aki says she learnt english form a scratch, unlike Yuna Ito who's from hawaii. But Aki has the tongue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
A better question would be outside of TOKIO and SMAP, what artistes speak English with any fluency?? Big Grin

Beni Arashiro!!! w00t! she even has a tv segment where she teaches young japanese kids to speak english thru famous US pop songs. Mr Green
shin2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anju Suzuki definitely.
I am currently watching Chonan no Yome 2 where she plays a character who has just come back to Japan after spending 18 years in America. In some scenes she is required to speak English; her fluency is real, not feigned. In fact, she speaks English with nary a Japanese accent and seems quite comfortable and natural conversing in it. I would bet she learned English when she was young and was probably exposed to native-English speakers.
You know, I've seen her in several quality dorama series from the 1990's, and I can't help but wonder why she hasn't become a more prominent actress. She's attractive, has an engaging personality that comes through on screen, and displays good acting skills.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Usagi Yojimbo wrote:

Beni Arashiro!!! w00t! she even has a tv segment where she teaches young japanese kids to speak english thru famous US pop songs. Mr Green

Well Beni Arashiro is part American so she grew up speaking English....I saw her on TV as a Guest VJ on MTV Japan while I was visiting Tokyo.
Smile Again

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any Japanese actresses in her 20s who speak flawless English?

Someone like Mizuhara Kiko.

Any other?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: