jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1347, 1348, 1349 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eyeyore wrote:
Marumaru Tsuma......is she a crane spirit? intriguing.

Started this one too. It appears Hitomi Kuroki gets to play a bad girl. I don't think she's ever done this before but it looks like she's enjoying it.

But what's the deal with Kou and the apple and her singing the 'Mori no Kuma-san' song? Head Scratch
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

antspace wrote:
Started Dakara Koya with Suzuki Kyoka. The first episode is bloody brilliant! Applaud

Watched episode 1 as well. It was very good, had a little bit of everything. There are a couple actors from Yoko Maki's restaurant drama here. Goofy YOU (I wonder why she's so popular all of the sudden?) as Kyoka's best friend, and Tetta Sugimoto as Kyoka's jackass husband is also the jackass company president in Maki's drama.
junny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started Ouroboros. Interesting first episode and am okay with all three leads, though am more interested in Oguri Shun's Tatsuya for now. Unfortunately, Ueno Juri is giving me some Nodame vibes because of her hairstyle, though Hibino is anything but since she can be such a dominant personality. Loathe Hirosue Ryoko as usual, her smile creeps me out. Not too keen on the theme song by Arashi atm.

blog
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching three. That's the most I can juggle at once without going Rolling eyes

"Mondai no Aru Restaurant" is okay but not special. Nothing we haven't seen before.

"Marumaru Tsuma", three episodes in and I don't have the slightest idea what's going on. Will keep watching because of Kou's character but if there are many more episodes with Higashiyama overacting as badly as he was in episode 3 it could be hard to finish.

"Dakara Koya", I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions after just two episodes, but unless the writer really screws this up this is going to be a very good drama. Good actors, real characters can't wait for the next episode.
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

"Marumaru Tsuma", three episodes in and I don't have the slightest idea what's going on. Will keep watching because of Kou's character but if there are many more episodes with Higashiyama overacting as badly as he was in episode 3 it could be hard to finish.

Reasons:
(A) Higashiyama didn't get acting lessons from his wife; or
(B) he is acting out of frustration for not being able to dance as he nears half a century; or
(C) he is mirroring his baby at home.

....and why is Kou aging more rapidly than her 'mother'? Ouch!

.....can someone tell the producers of Doctors 3, enough is enough.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eyeyore wrote:

Reasons:
(A) Higashiyama didn't get acting lessons from his wife; or
(B) he is acting out of frustration for not being able to dance as he nears half a century; or
(C) he is mirroring his baby at home.

The correct answer is probably (D) All of the above. hehe

Watched episode 4. Every so often I run into a drama I don't understand. In 2012 "Going My Home" made no sense. Last year there was "Gokauku Ganbo" which I liked but I never could figure out exactly how those people made their money. "Marumaru Tsuma" might be one of those.

Also watched episode 4 of "Mondai no aru Restaurant". It's okay but fairly predictable.
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

And thru episode 3 of "Dakara Koya". Still the best of these three. Applaud
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now up thru episode 5 of "Mondai no Aru Restaurant". Just average. Honestly, Yoko Maki should be in better stuff than this.

Also watched episode 5 of "Marumaru Tsuma". Disregard everything I've said up to this point. The last 10-15 minutes or so of episode 5 a lot of stuff is explained and now it's starting to make sense. Can't wait for episode 6.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

Also watched episode 5 of "Marumaru Tsuma". Disregard everything I've said up to this point. The last 10-15 minutes or so of episode 5 a lot of stuff is explained and now it's starting to make sense. Can't wait for episode 6.

Up thru episode 6 now. Kou is very good but I have never been much of a fan of Higashiyama and he isn't doing anything in this to change my opinion. Half the time he acts like he's in a comedy. Head Scratch

They've also started showing this year's taiga, "Hana Moyu" locally. As is their usual custom they've chopped the first episode in half so can't make much of an evaluation yet. But it looks like people in Japan are bailing out on this one already. Ratings for episode 7 were 11.6%. "Taira no Kiyomori" could have a new challenger. But at least in "Hana Moyu" people knew how to take a bath.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

antspace wrote:
Watching 'Maru Maru Tsuma' for Shibasaki Kou and the end tune from Shiina Ringo san...
I like the story, but this has a very strong Kaseifu no Mita feeling to it Mr Green

That's the feeling I'm getting also. Finished ep. 7. Kind of interesting, Kou says one word in the entire episode, right near the end. Everything else she does is with facial expressions and body language. She's very good in this. The rest of the cast, hmmm, , ,
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

But what's the deal with Kou and her singing the 'Mori no Kuma-san' song? Head Scratch

Found out why in episode 8. Hitomi Kuroki is in the hospital in this episode. It looked like she wasn't wearing any (or just very little) make up and she still looks HOT!

Also watched episode 2 of "Hana Moyu". Hopefully this is not an indication of things to come. The previews for episode 3 looked good though. Fingers crossed
antspace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are so many good drama's airing at the moment w00t!
But if I were to pick one to recommend, then it would be the WOWOW miniseries Kageri Yuku Natsu. Just watched episode 3 and I just couldn't stop smiling for joy. That good.
The production value is WOWOW, which is the best in Japanese tv as far as I'm concerned. The acting is top notch, with Watabe Atsuro san shining bright. The story really works. It's not terribly original, but really well written and directed! Two more eps to go, but for now it's in my top 10 of J-dorama
sadacori

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm halfway through an old school drama: Asunaro Hakusho. It's ok but very frustrating.
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

Also recently watched 35-sai no Koukousei (one of the few dramas I liked Yonekura Ryoko in), GTO (the Akira version), and re watched some Galileo episodes.

Currently watching: Netflix stuff
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Episode 1 of "Kokoro ga Pokitto ne":http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kokoro_ga_Pokitto_ne

Even after just one episode safe to say Tomoko Yamaguchi is going to be a lot better in this than in "Going My Home".

The one problem could be Kiko Mizuhara:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mizuhara_Kiko

She's only been in a few dramas and going in there with the likes of Yamaguchi, Abe, and Fujiki I think it's going to be hard for her to hold her own. Interesting though is that she was born in Dallas, Texas, has an American father and Zainichi Korean mother. (Zainichi means she lived in Japan)

Slightly off topic: Since the Spring 2015 dramas are now airing in Japan but haven't been added here yet and nothing has been done about any of the missing drama requests going back to last August, is it safe to assume no more dramas are going to added to this forum?
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

found a gem : Tokyo Scarlet . (at least this didn't put me to sleep like Aibou 13)

Dropping Marumaru and Ouroboros....
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Realizing that I'm going to have wait at least a week for each episode of "Kokoro Pokitto" started watching "Date": http://www.jdorama.com/drama.2056.htm

I've only watched the first two episodes but it looks like this is going to be very good! I've always liked Anne but Hiroki Hasegawa who I thought was terrible in "Kaseifu no Mita" is great as well.

They're very effective with the use of flashbacks and there's a scene near the end of episode 2 of a flash mob proposal which is one of the funniest things I've seen in a drama in quite awhile. hehe
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Found another gem: "Itsutsu Boshi Tourist" Thumbsup

Those who enjoy the Asakusa Fukumaru Ryokan series will probably enjoy "Itsutsu Boshi Tourist" .....am watching it to enjoy the Kyoto sceneries. Thumbsup
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still watching "Date". This is turning out to be VERY good! Applaud

In just about every episode they've had some sweet and bittersweet scenes and some that are laugh out loud funny. Anne is excellent. There have been scenes where Taniguchi has said things and even though she's pretty much maintaining her straight forward character, by just the slightest change you can tell he's basically ripped out her heart and drop kicked it into the dumpster. Of course Taniguchi is too stupid to realize this.

They've also given a pretty good role for Jun Fubuki as Taniguchi's mother.

If you watch episode 6 and aren't almost rolling on the floor laughing when you see what happens to the pet snake (that's right, snake) then have yourself checked because you have completely lost your sense of humor.
albatrosspro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eyeyore wrote:
Found another gem: "Itsutsu Boshi Tourist" Thumbsup

Those who enjoy the Asakusa Fukumaru Ryokan series will probably enjoy "Itsutsu Boshi Tourist" .....am watching it to enjoy the Kyoto sceneries. Thumbsup

I just watched the first ep of this on seeing your recommendation. For the first 10 minutes I was skeptical but the Kyouka-san character is great! I want to have her as a friend so bad.
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watched a few episodes of 'Date'.....i thought the screenplay looks more appropriate for a play or stage drama.

Trying to watch Yuube no Curry, Ashita no Pan again.....Other than Kaga Takeshi, it's a virtually unknown cast. I think i need to mix this watch with Happy Flight and Penguins in the Sky to keep my sanity.
arnel98

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been awhile since I've been to the forums - things have been hectic lately.

Anyway, I've finally watched and finished 'Love Shuffle'.
Its been on my list for several years now and just finally had the chance to watch it.
It was good although I have seen better shows but it kept my interest till the end.

Been reading the forums as well and looks like the next series for me to watch is "Date". I've seen some of Anne's shows and I've liked most of it so looking forward to that one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1347, 1348, 1349 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1348 of 1375

Jump to: