jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Soccer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

Yep, 3-1 now, with just a few minutes more to go. I expect Zaccheroni and his players will get a grilling (and more?) when they return home.

It's okay, they're in good company with the likes of Spain, Italy and England all going back early.

Edit: Ack, 4-1 now...

Considering Japan made the round of 16 at the last tournament this is a complete drubbing that has to hurt. To be completely honest Japan was not placed in a very difficult group...they should have been able to get a better result in the group stage. Shake Head
junny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

Considering Japan made the round of 16 at the last tournament this is a complete drubbing that has to hurt. To be completely honest Japan was not placed in a very difficult group...they should have been able to get a better result in the group stage. Shake Head

It looked a relatively okay group on paper, but who knew Colombia would come out firing all cylinders? I think Japan lacked a genuine playmaker of James Rodriguez' quality, and relying on the off-form Kagawa is a mistake. He should not have been picked for the World Cup. I guess it's time for new and younger players to step up.

I still can't believe Greece made it to the next round...

blog
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Japan loses badly.

Eyeyore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

Yep, 3-1 now, with just a few minutes more to go. I expect Zaccheroni and his players will get a grilling (and more?) when they return home.

It's okay, they're in good company with the likes of Spain, Italy and England all going back early.

Edit: Ack, 4-1 now...

You forgot to add Portugal in the list. The two German coaches just need a 'draw' a conclusion when USA plays Germany.

Bye bye Ronaldo! w00t! w00t! Mr Green Mr Green
Eve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel sorry for the players from Brazil and Columbia. The pressure is brutal.

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scott Sterling, world's greatest goalie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Japan gets to Women's World Cup Final to play the US. File this under "I'd rather be lucky than good":https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMmbk30a6Uk
afoolstale

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And it was awesome. For Japan, that is. lol
I'd hate to be the England player who did that.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

afoolstale wrote:

I'd hate to be the England player who did that.

She's lucky she's not from Brazil or one of those countries. They'd have burned her house down and sent a hit squad after her.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
She's lucky she's not from Brazil or one of those countries. They'd have burned her house down and sent a hit squad after her.

True that. Sweat

Who to root for? Japan? USA? Sweat
afoolstale

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very true. I've heard some crazy stories, especially from Brazil.

Wasn't it just last year a fan got killed by a thrown toilet bowl? That was ridiculous.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

�т����肵��!!

Homare Sawa retires

TOKYO (AP) -- Former women's world player of the year Homare Sawa announced her retirement from football on Wednesday.

The 37-year-old Sawa is the former captain of Japan, and the 2011 Women's World Cup top-scorer and MVP.

She scored an extra-time equalizer when Japan beat the United States on penalties to win that Women's World Cup final.

For Japan, she has a record 83 goals.

Sawa played in the U.S. Women's Premier Soccer League from 1999-2010, and returned to Japan's domestic league in 2011.

She played in her sixth Women's World Cup this year in Canada, and helped Japan win a silver medal at the 2012 London Olympics
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94
Page 94 of 94

Jump to: