jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1350, 1351, 1352 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaimRider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

started 37.5��C no Namida, Death Note, Hanasaki Mai ga Damattenai Season 2 and Koinaka

although, they are almost finished
sadacori

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kind of watching Tantei no Tantei and wondering why Yusuke Santa Maria looks so unhealthy. :/

Currently watching: Netflix stuff
junny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Suna no Utsuwa, the 2011 version, which was pretty good. Pleasantly surprised to see Kobayashi Kaoru outside of his Master role, and happy that Tamaki Hiroshi got to collaborate with him. So I'm now also reading the novel on which it was based.

blog
Finndlin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm finally watching Kimi wa petto, I even got a friend to see it with me Smile
At first I thought if the roles were reversed, an older man getting an almost teenage girl at home to make her his "pet" everybody would be shocked adn find it super sexist but somehow as the pet is a boy it's considered funny.

Despite this fact I don't find it perverted at all, they almost make it look sweet, I don't know how it's even possible! So it's a bit disturbing but I keep on watching Wink
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Up thru episode 27 of "Hana Moyu", the last two episodes covered the Hamaguri Gate Incident so there was quite a bit of swordplay. Now that all the men in her life have been killed Fumi (Inoue) managed to get herself into the Ooku.

I've liked a couple of the regular "Ooku" dramas I've seen. Lots of scheming, plotting, don't-never-trust-nobody. Maybe this will start to get good now, but, geez did it have to take 7 months to get here?! Bonk

They're also showing "Aibou 13". A few of the recent episodes have had Yukie Nakama in them but I honestly have no idea what she's there for other than to prop up ratings. Her character hasn't really contributed anything. Head Scratch
xploring

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hanasaki Mai ga Damattenai

It is not bad but nothing special about it either. I was expecting some insight into banking sector/dynamics but the cases are quite general and could fit into most workplaces. Some of them felt once-off and it was disappointing to me in that it didn't have anything new to say about work or the banking profession. The lecture part by Hanasaki at the end of each episode felt good though, the delivery and build-up were well executed.

Mother Game episode 1-3

Kimura Fumino was great in this. I really like the family and work parts but a lot of the school and subplot with the other mothers I want to skip over. I have seen Kimura Fumino before but she was totally unrecognizable, never realized what a good actress she is. Reminds me a bit of Mitsushima Hikari.
yume

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:
Hanasaki Mai ga Damattenai

It is not bad but nothing special about it either. I was expecting some insight into banking sector/dynamics but the cases are quite general and could fit into most workplaces. Some of them felt once-off and it was disappointing to me in that it didn't have anything new to say about work or the banking profession. The lecture part by Hanasaki at the end of each episode felt good though, the delivery and build-up were well executed.

Mother Game episode 1-3

Kimura Fumino was great in this. I really like the family and work parts but a lot of the school and subplot with the other mothers I want to skip over. I have seen Kimura Fumino before but she was totally unrecognizable, never realized what a good actress she is. Reminds me a bit of Mitsushima Hikari.

I'm also watching Hanasaki Mai ga Damatteinai 2nd...and it's a light drama, but it does give me a lot of general vocabulary about deposit accounts and finances. If you want something more serious for that type of work, maybe Risk no Kamisama?

Mother game made me so angry at those bullying women!! They're grown with children! It's really upsetting for me. lol

I'm watching a lot now since I'm prepping for N1: Koinaka, 37.5 C no Namida, Hanasaki Mai...2nd, Age Harassment, Tantei no Tantei, and Tamiou. I am still on the fence about Risk no Kamisama--it's really dark, but I know this drama will really help my business vocabulary. Shameful Cry
xploring

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Mother Game. Kimura Fumino really made the role her own, I can think of no other actress who could have been better. The supporting cast/mothers were good but their stories are not very interesting. Some of the views and implied expectations were very conservative and quite irksome. After a strong start, the last few episodes drifted. Not as good as expected from reviews except for Kimura Fumino's performance.

Started Ishi no Mayu. Fumino is totally different here but really in character as well. The case is quite gruesome but production value is very high.

Tenno no Ryoriban up to episode 9. Not as good as expected but still very watchable, engaging drama. Tokuzo is a bit too much like a simpleton for me when a more complex depiction is more believeable. And the drama doesn't delve deeply into his passion for cooking, food ingredients, cooking skills or inspiration for new/exciting dishes. It only seems to concentrate on his roller coaster ride up and down kitchen hierachy, and his desire to persevere/continue working/learning. His big brother's letter to Tokuzo in the middle of the series was very moving and the highlight of the drama for me.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Episode 18 of "Aibou 13". Yoshino Kimura was the guest star. She was also in "Aibou 3", playing a different character now but even though that was 10 years ago she hasn't changed at all.

If there's an "Aibou 23" 10 years from now hopefully Kimura will return again and she'll probably still look the same. HOT!

Episode 29 of "Hana Moyu". Rena Tanaka shows up as Lady Gin. So even if the plot doesn't pick up at least it will be a lot more watchable. Wink

Last edited by gaijinmark on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tamiou Die Laughing absolutely cheesy but funny enough to make me watch through 7 episodes.
junny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking of watching Aibou 14, but don't want to work through 13 seasons to reach 14. Is it okay to start on 14? Will I miss out any inside jokes or references etc?

blog
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:
I'm thinking of watching Aibou 14, but don't want to work through 13 seasons to reach 14. Is it okay to start on 14? Will I miss out any inside jokes or references etc?

It might not be so bad because Aibou 14 brings in Takashi Soramachi as a new partner so they'll probably do some re-explaining because Soramachi won't know a lot of this stuff either. All you really need to know is that "Special Missions" where Sugishita and his partner work is the bottom of the barrel of the police department. Why Sugishita got demoted to there has never really been explained. They kind of hinted once that he found out some stuff about the higher ups in the police dept. and they stuck him there to keep him quiet.

Special Missions main rival is Unit 1. These are the regular detectives and the reason for the rivalry is because Sugishita always ends up solving their cases when they either get stuck or suspect the wrong guy. Yonezawa is a guy that works in forensics helping Sugishita. The only other character that's a regular is Anju Suzuki who owns a little cafe where each episode usually ends and they kind of rehash what happened. Suzuki's character was a criminal that got arrested back in Aibou 4 but she's done her time and is friends with Sugishita now.
junny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

It might not be so bad because Aibou 14 brings in Takashi Soramachi as a new partner so they'll probably do some re-explaining because Soramachi won't know a lot of this stuff either. All you really need to know is that "Special Missions" where Sugishita and his partner work is the bottom of the barrel of the police department. Why Sugishita got demoted to there has never really been explained. They kind of hinted once that he found out some stuff about the higher ups in the police dept. and they stuck him there to keep him quiet.

Special Missions main rival is Unit 1. These are the regular detectives and the reason for the rivalry is because Sugishita always ends up solving their cases when they either get stuck or suspect the wrong guy. Yonezawa is a guy that works in forensics helping Sugishita. The only other character that's a regular is Anju Suzuki who owns a little cafe where each episode usually ends and they kind of rehash what happened. Suzuki's character was a criminal that got arrested back in Aibou 4 but she's done her time and is friends with Sugishita now.

That sounds good, thanks! I saw the teaser for season 14, which had Sorimachi looking kinda cool, so that kinda piqued my interest. I think I'll just go with 14 then, hopefully some kind subber will pick up this project. Did you work through all 13 seasons? If so, I am amazed and take my hat off you!

blog
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:
Did you work through all 13 seasons? If so, I am amazed and take my hat off you!

It wasn't that hard. The local Japanese station started showing them on Thursday nights with Aibou 1 back in 2009. We're partway thru Aibou 13 now. The seasons are all about 20 episodes long so you're going to have some episodes where the cases are really interesting and well done and some episodes that are kind of, meh. They can't all be great with that many episodes.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
The local Japanese station started showing them on Thursday nights with Aibou 1 back in 2009. We're partway thru Aibou 13 now.

Finished it this week. Hiroki Narimiya's last season as Sugishita's partner. Didn't think he was as good as Terawaki or Oikawa. It'll be interesting to see how Sorimachi does.

Still can't figure out why they brought in Yukie Nakama for a few episodes. Her character didn't contribute anything special. Head Scratch
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

...was kind of shocked to see Sorimachi in Aibou 14. What is he doing there? I mean it's so un-Sorimachi to become someone's sidekick or become part of the background.

I prefer the initial Aibou series where the partner to the main actor had a more meaty role.

....watching Angel Heart now. I hope they keep up with the "Chow-Yun-Fatt" gun acrobatics. I am still unsure if Takaya Kamikawa fits in as the suave city hunter who can dodge bullets. I still prefer him as the gentle psychologist to an autistic patient.
junny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eyeyore wrote:
...was kind of shocked to see Sorimachi in Aibou 14. What is he doing there? I mean it's so un-Sorimachi to become someone's sidekick or become part of the background.

Is he really in the background? Sad I was hoping he'd have a decent-sized role.

blog
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

Is he really in the background? Sad I was hoping he'd have a decent-sized role.

If this "Aibou" has been like all the others Sorimachi will have a pretty good sized part in it.

As to why he took it, as you know he's married to Nanako Matsushima and a friend of mine in Japan was saying that ever since "Kasefu no Mita" which got huge ratings, over 40%, people have been looking at Sorimachi more as Nanako Matsushima's husband and not much as actor. The thinking is because "Aibou" always gets a big audience (18.4% rating for episode 1) he's using this to try and kick-start his career.

Can't wait to see episode 1 myself to see how it's all working out.
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of Kaseifu no Mita, Yukawa Kazuhiko has churn out Gisou no Fuufu. I love the cast but dread the signature eerieness in Yukawa's scripts.
ashley juggs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watched ep1 of "Kekkonshiki no Zenjitsu ni". Not a big fan of the "terminal illness" scenario, but I'll watch anything with Karina in it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1350, 1351, 1352 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1351 of 1375

Jump to: