jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Basketball (NBA, College, etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lakers lose to the previously winless Sixers. Shake Head Shake Head Shake Head
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Warriors have their closest brush with defeat as the Celtics take them into double overtime before losing 124-119.

I really thought Brad Stevens made a big mistake leaving Butler and coming into the NBA, I thought NBA players would eat him alive but he's done a good job bringing the Celtics back to respectability after Doc Rivers bailed.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Warriors have their closest brush with defeat as the Celtics take them into double overtime before losing 124-119.

And it's over, Milwaukee 108, Warriors 95. Time to start a new streak.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
And it's over, Milwaukee 108, Warriors 95. Time to start a new streak.

The long road trip and OT game vs. the Celtics finally took their toll.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As the cliche goes, "On any given Sunday, , , "

No wait, that's football. Doh!

Anyway, the Lakers beat Golden State 112-95. Which means, , ,

With 13 wins the Lakers won't lose 70 games this year. But it's a pretty safe bet that they won't win 20 either. Shake Head
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
With 13 wins the Lakers won't lose 70 games this year. But it's a pretty safe bet that they won't win 20 either. Shake Head

LOL. rofl
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Incredible finish to the Men's NCAA basketball final. Bonk Bonk Bonk
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kobe closes out the season and his career with a 60-point performance (on 50 shots!) against the Jazz... Wow. Bow
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't figure out why they hired him in the first place. Other than those two years he rode Jason Kidd into the NBA Finals, he only had two other seasons with winning records as a head coach.

Lakers fire Byron Scott

The Los Angeles Lakers have fired coach Byron Scott.

Scott had two team options left on his contract, but the Lakers told Scott on Sunday that he won't be returning for a third season as head coach, league sources told The Vertical.

The Lakers move into the coaching market after two prominent coaches who had interest in Los Angeles – Tom Thibodeau and Scott Brooks – accepted new jobs in recent days.

The Lakers did not dismiss Scott with his successor already in place, league sources said. General manager Mitch Kupchak and ownership will run a search.

Possible candidates to replace Scott could include Golden State Warriors assistant Luke Walton, former Houston Rockets and New York Knicks coach Jeff Van Gundy, Connecticut coach Kevin Ollie and San Antonio Spurs assistant Ettore Messina, league sources said.

Scott was 38-126 in two seasons, including a 17-65 record this season.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lakers hire former Laker player Luke Walton to be their new head coach.

Now management needs to get some talented players. Sweat
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lakers get the second pick in NBA draft w00t!

(However I have complete faith in the 2nd generation of the Buss family to totally screw this up.) Shake Head

Evil Empire gets the first pick in the draft. argh!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
(However I have complete faith in the 2nd generation of the Buss family to totally screw this up.) Shake Head

But they're out of the picture: It's pretty much on Magic and Rob Pelinka.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There could be a Japanese player in the NBA next year, and he might be pretty good.

Rui Hachimura declares for NBA draft

Gonzaga junior forward Rui Hachimura has declared for the NBA Draft, the school announced.

Hachimura made it official Monday, but his announcement isn’t considered a surprise. The 6-foot-8, 230-pound forward from Japan has been projected as a first-round selection, likely as a lottery pick, on numerous NBA mock drafts.

“The last three years at Gonzaga have been a dream come true, and now I’d like to pursue my next dream of playing in the NBA,” Hachimura said in GU release. “This was a significant decision for my family and myself. I just want to thank everyone at Gonzaga, especially the coaching staff and all of my teammates who went to battle with me and are my brothers for life.

“My three years as a Zag were very special and something I will never forget. I want to thank Zag nation and Spokane, Washington, for all of the love and support, and to the people of Japan who have been there cheering me on the whole way. Forever a Zag.”

Hachimura, who led Gonzaga in scoring (19.7) and was second in rebounding (6.5), has made several All-American teams. He was recently named the Julius Erving Award winner as college basketball’s top small forward. He was named WCC and District IX player of the year.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As a Laker fan, that automatically made me a Celtic hater, but you still had to admire John Havlicek who passed away yesterday at the age of 79: https://www.nba.com/article/2019/04/25/john-havlicek-obituary-official-release
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Toronto wins the NBA championship: https://www.businessinsider.com/raptors-win-nba-championship-over-warriors-2019-6

The last time the Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup was 1967. Since then, the Blue Jays have won the World Series twice, the Argos have won 7 Grey Cups, and now the Raptors have an NBA championship. Maybe they should forget about hockey in Toronto. Wink
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

Rui Hachimura declares for NBA draft

The 6-foot-8, 230-pound forward from Japan has been projected as a first-round selection, likely as a lottery pick, on numerous NBA mock drafts.

He did go in the first round, 9th overall, taken by Washington. Applaud
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In another step towards equality, women will soon have just as much right to be called idiots as men: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/spurs-becky-hammon-history-first-woman-head-coach-nba-game-041223855.html
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems appropriate that the only NBA player from Japan is out here now: https://www.yahoo.com/news/lakers-acquire-rui-hachimura-wizards-182749212.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369
Page 369 of 369

Jump to: