jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1355, 1356, 1357 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:
Finished Juhan Shuttai. Last episode was really cheerful, crowd-pleasing. Nice ending to a good series. Despite the story being a bit too scattered, it was well-written, directed and acted. I enjoyed it.

Finished this one as well. I liked it a lot, but I agree, they spent too much time on some of the minor characters and subplots. If they had concentrated more on the main manga artists and Kuroki as their editor it could have been even better.
maxcriden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We finished Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai and it was very charming. Between that and 5-9 it was back to back lovey-dovey dramas. Namida had some cute moments too, but that was more serious in tone (and a terrific show, to boot--Renbutsi Misako is so good and it's great to see her starring in shows!).

I've been watching Hanzawa Naoki whilst exercising and enjoying it a surprising amount. I found the first episode very very dull and the second a bit better but not super compelling, so I was delighted to see how much it improved in 3-5 and I'm partway through 6 and now really digging it.

Oh, we also watched the first 18 subbed new Terrace House eps on Netflix. Dang! It's so good. So addictive. I think a lot of you would really enjoy it. Are there any subbed previous seasons?

gaijinmark wrote:
And shades of the old "Patty Duke Show" in episode 7 of "Our House" we have identical cousins.

How did you like Our House? We watched first ep but thought it was just ok. We're big Mana Ashida fans though so hoping it gets better.

--

Anyone watching/watched any of these...?

-Yutori desu ga
-Watashi Kekkon Dekinai Janakute, Shinain desu
-Kiseki no Hito
-Outosan to Yobasete (more subs finally coming on this one)
-Never Let Me Go
-Love that Makes you Cry
-Omukae desu
-Kamoshirenai Joyutachi
-Sumika Sumire
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

How did you like Our House? We watched first ep but thought it was just ok. We're big Mana Ashida fans though so hoping it gets better.

It was just average at best. As you probably saw from the first episode, Ashida plays a totally selfish brat. Her character pretty much stays the same until the latter parts of the drama. The fact that she was convincing enough that I wanted somebody to smack her and tell her to get over it is probably more a testament to her talent than the script.

One of the best scenes of the whole drama was in one of the middle episodes where Takashi Tsukamoto (Koji Yamamoto's brother in law that runs the yakitori place) gets to meet his son from his first marriage. The ex-wife hasn't let them see each other and she's getting remarried and moving away so the little kid on his own looks up Tsukamoto. They had a nice touching scene between the two of them. I guess that's a pretty good indicator of how good a drama is when the best scene is between two minor characters.

I'd say, watch it if your an Ashida fan, but don't expect anything remotely close to "Mother" or "Marumo".
xploring

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like Suizokukan Girl episode 1 a lot. Kiritani Kenta was less than convincing and the lead character Yuka's hard luck story was cliche. But the rest of the drama is very enjoyable. Matsuoka Mayu was fun to watch and easy on the eye. Her more serious scenes were well acted too. The dolphins are so acrobatic.

Episode 2 was really enjoyable too.
Rinrin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finally got around to watching Kaito Yamaneko (gaijinmark was right, it gets better as it goes along), and also finished Rinshou Hanzai Gakusha Himura Hideo No Suiri (better than I thought it would be, but I wish Namase Katsuhisa had a bigger part). Going to be starting on Keishcho Sousa Ikkacho & Keishicho Sousa Ikka 9 Gakari Season 11.

I'm also debating whether to try High & Low (the LDH multimedia drama). I saw the trailer for the movie which looks kinda entertaining with all the action scenes, but I know there are stuff out there with great action scenes and sucky plot so... Bleah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^Imoto-chan sighting! Hug
Rinrin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey oniichan! Ohisashiburi! w00t!

Genki?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm now watching new Summer JDramas-

Happy Marriage (starts in June)
Suizokukan Girl (also starts in June)
Furenaba Ochin
Koe Koi
maxcriden

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GaimRider wrote:
i'm now watching new Summer JDramas-

Happy Marriage (starts in June)
Suizokukan Girl (also starts in June)
Furenaba Ochin
Koe Koi

Please share your thoughts on them! Victory! Peace! I've only heard of Suizokukan Girl.
xploring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just watched Sanada Maru episode 27. It's now about the unrest and insecurity inside the Toyotomi Clan. The most uninteresting part of the drama so far. Nobushige seems like a bystander/storyteller. This drama feels like a Sengoku Jidai story told from the eyes from Sanada Nobushige rather than a drama about him instead. Kohinata Fumiyo does a good job portraying the psychological state of Hideyoshi but that's probably the only good thing from the last few episodes. I wish they would get on with it and get this part of the story over and done with. Matsuoka Mayu appeared for half a minute last episode.
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chasing "Asa Ga Kita" at the speed of 30episodes/day. Nut
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Up to episode 13 of "Aibou 14". It's been pretty good so far. With Sorimachi they seem to have brought back some of the humor between the two partners like they had with Yasufumi Terawaki when the series first started.

Also watching "Totto Terebi":http://www.jdorama.com/drama.2276.htm

It's good but not great. It has two things going for it for me. 1) It starts out in postwar era of Japan, a time I've always been interested in. And 2) Hikari Mitsushima. Along with Machiko Ono one of the really good actresses that has come along in the last few years.

And watched the first episode of "Eigyou Buchou Kira Natsuko":http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Eigyou_Buchou_Kira_Natsuko

Hard to say after just one episode, but for sure that babysitter is up to no good.

Last edited by gaijinmark on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Otoko Menshi ���с`���Ƃ��߂��` - It has been so many years since the last time a food drama makes me walk into a kitchen and cook something to eat. There is hardly any storyline though.

Thanks for mentioning "Toto Terebi". I wonder if I can find the actual TV footages. It's so funny.
xploring

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sanada Maru episode 29. Hideyoshi is not long for this world, things are about to get interesting again. Matsuoka Mayu finally has some significant screen time. I like her performance again but looks like she will only have a minor supporting role though. I understand Nobushige admires Hideyoshi as a leader but his dedication feels misplaced after watching a "bad" Hideyoshi for nearly 10 episodes.

Seisei Suruhodo, Aishiteru episode 1 with Takei Emi
Not good but not too bad. The cast seemed to be on different wavelength at times, direction may be to blame. I won't continue watching.
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Toki wo Kakeru Shojo episode 1

I like Kuroshima Yuna in Gomene Seishun! and I like her again here as the genki, ordinary schoolgirl. It's been a long time since Nobuta wo Produce, for another high school drama like this. I really like the summer and small-town feeling of the show. Only watched the anime movie once so don't remember the original plot very much, this got into time travel very quickly and I have already lost count by the end of the first episode. Looking forward to the rest.

Hope episode 1

Pretty good, not as bad as the ratings suggested. It's a bit contrived how a lot of the plot at work so far revolves the main character but the various elements of working are quite realistic.

Nice ending to episode 2, the strength of the (original) material shines through. (I haven't watched the original Korean drama though)

Last edited by xploring on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Machiko Ono one of the really good actresses that has come along in the last few years.

Did somebody say Machiko Ono? Watched the first episode of "Hajimemashite Aishiteimasu". Yosuke Eguchi seems to be channeling his energetic, optimistic character from the "Hitotsu Yane" series. Only this time instead of taking care of a bunch of siblings it's just him and Ono and trying to adopt an abandoned little boy. Expect it will probably turn into the typical sympathetic tear jerker, but there's enough there to keep me watching so far.
GaimRider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sorry if i post in this thread then why no one add 2016 Summer Dramas to Seasons List? not over?

anyways, i now watch more new dramas-

Gu Ra Me! Ayame Gouriki as the chef (i wish she was my wife so she can cook foods for me)
Suki na Hito ga Iru Koto yes! you read that right!
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Seisei Suruhodo Aishiteru starring Emi Takei and Tacky from Johnnys.. i like him on Midnight Bakery and that drama from 2003 with Kyoko Hasewaga
junny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started Kageri Yuku Natsu. Excellent stuff already in the first episode, and it's always nice seeing Watabe Atsuro in this sort of role. Can't wait to find out what happens next.

blog
xploring

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sanada Maru episode 32

Hideyoshi is finally gone and things got a lot more interesting. But I don't care for either side, don't identify with and feel for any character really.

Still watching Hope. It's ok but the shortened format means you don't get the feeling of office culture permeating throughout the drama like the Korean original. It's hard to appreciate the extent of sacrifice and investment by salarymen(women) into their work as well with less time. Some of the characters feel like caricatures, does not feel as real as in the original.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Up thru episode 5 of "Hajimemashite, Aishitemasu":http://www.jdorama.com/drama.hajimemashite-aishiteimasu.2293.htm

It's not a bad drama. It's not really a good drama either. I can't warm up to the little kid being adopted and I can't get behind Ono and Eguchi as the adoptive parents. Looks like this was written by somebody that's never had kids or they read one of those child psychology books written by somebody that's never had kids. Kimiko Yo as the counselor is giving some of the stupidest advice ever on how to raise a kid.

But if I know my drama cliches you can probably bet the rent check that at some point the birth mother will show up demanding her kid back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1355, 1356, 1357 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1356 of 1375

Jump to: