jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1360, 1361, 1362 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started Cold Case - Shinjitsu no Tobira. Solid first episode and I already like the detectives, which is a good sign.

blog
maxcriden

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:
Started Cold Case - Shinjitsu no Tobira. Solid first episode and I already like the detectives, which is a good sign.

Heard good things about that one. It's a remake of an American show I believe.
maxcriden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark, we took your kind suggestion and have really been enjoying Daisuki!!, Karina is amazing in the role as you indicated. Very affecting series and a good counterbalance to the thrilling quality of Soshite. Thanks for the recommendation!

Speaking of which, we finished Soshite and I have to say after that pilot the show picked up considerably. It felt like a mix of the American movie The Game with a sprinkle of the American TV spy series (and sadly short-lived) Rubicon, with a bit of Damages (another American show) to it also. It was interesting seeing Fujiwara in both this show and Reverse. Reverse ended up being solid, and pretty interesting, but not as good as N no Tame ni.

We also watched 2030 Kanata no Kazoku, a one-off SP with Eita and a few other familiar faces which was an intriguing watch but not spectacular. Definitely thought-provoking, though, and its vision of future Japan seemed eerily possible.

And I'm watching 99.9, which is better than I anticipated. I think I have only seen Jun in Kimi wa Petto (with Koyuki). It's fun so far, similar to the American show Suits. The second season has been announced for early 2018 and will star Fumino instead of Eikura.

Has anyone seen 3 Papas? Seems like a remake of Be Nice to People.
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Off to a good start with "Hello Harinezumi" . A good balance of being funny at the start and moving gradually to serious plot. Eita's role reminds me of his previous role in Lucky Seven with Tomoko Yamaguchi having a similar role as Nanako Matsushima. My only disappointment is watching Yamaguchi drifting in and out of camera as if she only has a cameo role....aka vase
maxcriden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eyeyore wrote:
Off to a good start with "Hello Harinezumi" . A good balance of being funny at the start and moving gradually to serious plot. Eita's role reminds me of his previous role in Lucky Seven with Tomoko Yamaguchi having a similar role as Nanako Matsushima. My only disappointment is watching Yamaguchi drifting in and out of camera as if she only has a cameo role....aka vase

Oh, that sounds pretty good. I like Eita. Thanks for posting your impressions.

I tried Lucky Seven the other day because I like all of the screenwriter's work but I immediately got that turn-off feeling seeing the main character being a cheater from the jump. Is that resolved quickly? Is he just not a good dude? Seemed like not my kind of show but I want to assume there's more going on.
junny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

Heard good things about that one. It's a remake of an American show I believe.

Yes it is, and a solid remake. I recommend it.

Started CRISIS and liking the Oguri-Nishijima combo.

blog
maxcriden

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

Yes it is, and a solid remake. I recommend it.

Started CRISIS and liking the Oguri-Nishijima combo.

I'm almost done with CRISIS. One ep to go. I think you will continue to enjoy it.

And, the writer of Border and CRISIS has a new show this fall, starring Haruka:

http://asianwiki.com/Okusama_wa,_Tori_Atsukai_Chui

Sounds interesting to me.
junny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

I'm almost done with CRISIS. One ep to go. I think you will continue to enjoy it.

And, the writer of Border and CRISIS has a new show this fall, starring Haruka:

http://asianwiki.com/Okusama_wa,_Tori_Atsukai_Chui

Sounds interesting to me.

I just finished CRISIS and overall I quite like it. I've heard there's a possibility of season 2 and wouldn't mind it.

As for the new Ayase drama... blah.

blog
maxcriden

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

I just finished CRISIS and overall I quite like it. I've heard there's a possibility of season 2 and wouldn't mind it.

As for the new Ayase drama... blah.

We need to talk about CRISIS in more detail when I email you back b/c my interpretation of the ending was wildly different from someone else's so...I'm really curious which impression you came away with. Glad you liked the show. I enjoyed it also.
junny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

We need to talk about CRISIS in more detail when I email you back b/c my interpretation of the ending was wildly different from someone else's so...I'm really curious which impression you came away with. Glad you liked the show. I enjoyed it also.

Sure, looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Started Bitter Blood, it's quite fun and silly. Sato Takeru and Watabe Atsuro look dapper in suits. Also saw ep 1 of Reverse, doesn't look half bad.

blog
Eve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On a Dr. X marathon. Just watched seasons 3 and 4 and ready for more!

Go Daimon Michiko! Mr Green Victory! Peace!

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:
On a Dr. X marathon. Just watched seasons 3 and 4 and ready for more!

Go Daimon Michiko! Mr Green Victory! Peace!

Victory! Peace!
junny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Back on the Asa ga Kita track, just finished week 7. Still pretty engaging, and finally we get some insight into Shinjiro's character.

blog
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

...watching CRISIS. wooow!

...continuing with "Hello Harinezumi " ...Poor makeup artistes in this drama or is my new monitor the cause of clarity? everyone in the drama looks a tad shriveled(Fukuda and Yamaguchi) or fatter(Eita). I love the guest stars and unique outcomes.
Eve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Adored Dr. X Season three and four!! Victory! Peace!

No watching Nobuta Wo Produce again as my husband hasn't seen it before.

Loving it as much the second time around! KON! Victory! Peace!

bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:
Adored Dr. X Season three and four!! Victory! Peace!

Season 5 in October! w00t!
maxcriden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Kirawareru Yuuki. Many thanks to gaijinmark for the recommendation. It was a very solid show and I thought it got significantly better as it went on. The last few eps in particular I really enjoyed. Great music and opening credits too.

Also finished Jin S1-2. Disappointed with the ending but we found it very compelling throughout and endlessly fascinating from the medical perspective.
Eve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Season 5 in October! w00t!

I cannot wait! Was so bummed I went through them so fast.

Eve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

Also finished Jin S1-2. Disappointed with the ending but we found it very compelling throughout and endlessly fascinating from the medical perspective.

I've been debating whether to watch them or not.

maxcriden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:

I've been debating whether to watch them or not.

If you're interested in human dramas and medical dramas at all, it is absolutely wonderful for the most part and well worth watching, though S1 I think on the whole I'd give the edge to over S2. Just wasn't super thrilled with the ending. Mr Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1360, 1361, 1362 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1361 of 1375

Jump to: