jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Baseball (MLB, WBC, College, etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

Dodgers acquire Yu Darvish from Rangers

First start with the Dodgers, 7 innings pitched, 3 hits, no runs, 10 K's Dodgers beat the Mets 6-0. Victory! Peace!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
First start with the Dodgers, 7 innings pitched, 3 hits, no runs, 10 K's Dodgers beat the Mets 6-0. Victory! Peace!

Applaud Applaud Applaud
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ashley juggs wrote:

Given Rickey's ego, I'm surprised he didn't come out of retirement, sign a 1-day contract just to get his record back.

Good thing he didn't. Ichiro started in CF again last night, went 3-for-4 with an rbi. Unfortunately, Miami got clobbered by Washington 10-1.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dodgers' Rich Hill loses no-hitter, shutout, and game on one pitch in the 10th inning against the Pirates. argh!

Had a perfect game thru 8, lost that on an error in the 9th. Meanwhile, the Pirates pitchers gave up 8 hits and 4 walks but the Dodgers couldn't find a way to get a run. Bonk
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Dodgers' Rich Hill loses no-hitter, shutout, and game on one pitch in the 10th inning against the Pirates. argh!

Had a perfect game thru 8, lost that on an error in the 9th. Meanwhile, the Pirates pitchers gave up 8 hits and 4 walks but the Dodgers couldn't find a way to get a run. Bonk

Agonizing, frustrating game. bleh
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dodgers finally broke their 11-game losing streak against San Francisco, taking two of three from the Giants.

Now it's on to DC for a big weekend series against the Nationals. Fingers crossed
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He earlier said he didn't want to play for the Yankees, so he can't be all bad:http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21712038/shohei-ohtani-sign-los-angeles-angels
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ And meanwhile, just about everybody's favorite Japanese player, Munenori Kawasaki is calling it quits.

Munenori Kawasaki to retire from baseball

Former major league infielder Munenori Kawasaki is likely to retire after being released by his Japanese club on Monday.

In a statement released by the Softbank Hawks, the 36-year-old infielder said a series of injuries has prevented him from being the player he wanted to be.

Kawasaki spent five seasons in Major League Baseball with the Seattle Mariners, Toronto Blue Jays and Chicago Cubs. His postgame interviews in broken English became an internet sensation during that time.

His best season in the majors was in 2013 when he had 55 hits and drove in 24 runs for the Blue Jays.

A light-hitting infielder, Kawasaki went to the Mariners in 2012 and was briefly teammates with his idol Ichiro Suzuki.

Kawasaki became a fan favorite and YouTube sensation with a postgame interview in Toronto in 2013 that began "Thank you very much. My name is Munenori Kawasaki. I come from Japan. I am Japaneeeeese!!"

Following the Chicago Cubs' 2016 World Series championship, Kawasaki joined Daisuke Matsuzaka and Koji Uehara as the only Japanese players to have won championships in the World Baseball Classic, Japan Series and World Series.

In Japan, Kawasaki scored 653 runs, had 27 home runs and 373 RBIs with a .292 average over 1187 games
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think he's ready, he could use some time in the minors.

Shohei Ohtani to start for Angels on Sunday

Shohei Ohtani's first week in the major leagues will include his first appearance on the mound.

Ohtani will start for the Angels against the A's in Oakland on Sunday, LA manager Mike Scioscia told reporters (per MLB.com) Tuesday after the Angels' exhibition at Dodger Stadium against the Dodgers.

A Sunday start means Ohtani will be the No. 4 starter in the Angels' six-man rotation to begin the season, behind Garrett Richards, Tyler Skaggs and Matt Shoemaker.

Scioscia's announcement coincided with official word that Ohtani had made the club out of spring training. The Angels added him to their 40-man roster ahead of Thursday's opener. He was in training camp on a minor league contract he signed in December.

His spring struggles on the mound led to speculation he might begin the season in the minors.

As for when the two-way threat Ohtani might see action as a designated hitter, Scioscia was less definitive.

"We haven't determined our lineup yet, but he will start (on the mound) Sunday," he said, per MLB.com.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think he's ready, he could use some time in the minors.

Shohei Ohtani to start for Angels on Sunday

Shows what I know. Ohtani goes 6 innings, strikes out 6, gives up 1 run. Angels beat the A's 7-4. He also went 1-for-5 on opening day as a DH.

And this morning on the local news they were talking about today being the Angels home opener, somebody said, "They're tied for first place!" With only 158 games to go. OMG
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shows what I know - part II.

Ohtani goes 3-for-4 with 3 rbis first game in Anaheim. This was the big one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKTJCew7oGQ
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In his second start, Ohtani goes 7 innings, gives up 1 hit, strikes out 12, Halos beat the A's 6-1. Bow
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ And after all that, who else could they give it to?

Shohei Ohtani receives AL Player of the Week award

NEW YORK – Shohei Ohtani was named the American League Player of the Week for the period ending Sunday, MLB announced Monday.

At 23 years and 9 months old, the Los Angeles Angels’ rising star became the youngest Japanese player to receive the award in the majors.

“I’m honored to have been chosen as MLB’s American League Player of the Week,” Ohtani said in a statement. “Thank you to the Angels staff and my teammates for helping me achieve this award.”

Ohtani belted a home run for the third consecutive game on Friday. He also earned two victories on the mound, including an impressive win on Sunday when he took a perfect game into the seventh inning. He allowed one hit and recorded 12 strikeouts in seven innings.

Hideo Nomo was the first Japanese player to receive the award in June 1995, the year he debuted in the majors with the Los Angeles Dodgers and was named the National League Rookie of the Year.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Never mind Ohtani, the Padres have a relief pitcher, Kazuhisa Makita bringing back the art of the submarine pitcher. Not real overpowering, his "fastball" comes in at around 80 mph and his offspeed stuff is WAY offspeed as low as 58 mph: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLUP8rIlOnI
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ashley juggs

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Maybe the Dodgers should play all their games in Mexico: https://sports.yahoo.com/dodgers-open-mexico-series-combined-no-hitter-padres-041747261.html

I've never understood managers taking a pitcher out if he's got a no-hitter going. Crazy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279  Next
Page 276 of 279

Jump to: