jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1363, 1364, 1365 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finally finished Gakkou no Kaidan.

This got better and better for me. I think some of the plot are too idealistic and not convincing in a way, but if you can look past that like I did, it was compelling and inspiring. Hirose Suzu's presence of strength was incredible for someone so young and small. The writing is good but I feel it could have been better. The power of speech help changed the school and people within it, but it was not only speech that did it, I feel the drama should have explored and elaborated more on that.

And sorry, but can someone tell me where to find subtitles from now on? I didn't know d-addicts close that down too.
junny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:

And sorry, but can someone tell me where to find subtitles from now on? I didn't know d-addicts close that down too.

Just register. The forum is members only now.

blog
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is anyone updating the drama database? it kind of help me to select what to watch this season. This site is also the most comprehensive site for jdorama, please don't lose this advantage over other sites Cry Cry
xploring

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks junny.

I rewatched Orange Days again. Probably more than 7 years since last time. It doesn't grip me like it did. I was overthinking it last time. That was a great ending. I forgot about it.
snow_san

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store

Skits I enjoyed.
Ep. 1 Kaeda
Ep. 4 The Ditch
Ep. 5 Mock Interview ~ Chocolate
Ep. 6 Uchinanchu Okinawa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZp12VtfMsg&list=PLsXwN7pXA1uEWKat82YC1C5tUQtYaElTu
junny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Two episodes into Ossan's Love, which is hilarious.

blog
xploring

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

About 10 episodes into Manpuku. The writing is very ordinary but the cast made the characters come alive. I expected more from online reactions, hope it gets better.
junny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ossan's Love was great and hilarious, kudos to all the actors.

Now 8 episodes into Koi ga Heta Demo Ikitemasu, purely for Tanaka Kei and the second leads' storyline.

blog
xploring

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished week 5 of Hiyokko. Actually I started watching more than a month ago, but it's starting to get really good now. Yoshikazu Okada really does conversation better than anyone else. The depiction of farm and factory work feels a bit sugarcoated, but I guess that's how asadoras are.
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Radiation House Dancing I really enjoyed this. I used to think a radiologist job is just to read x-ray.
In Hand Nut
Ore no Sukato, Doko Itta?Tolerance
Omiai Kekkon rofl
Ninkyo Helper: I must be bored.
scaturan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

almost done with Takane No Hana with Ishihara Satomi.
junny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching Anata no Ban desu. Pretty intriguing murder-swap mystery, which apparently has not only a season 1 and special, it's now going onto season 2 Applaud Can't wait to see how it all unfolds (again).

blog
pash

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:
Watching Anata no Ban desu. Pretty intriguing murder-swap mystery, which apparently has not only a season 1 and special, it's now going onto season 2 Applaud Can't wait to see how it all unfolds (again).

Could you please tell me (without spoilers Sweat ) whether there's some sort of "closure" at the end of the first season? Or does it go on without explaining anything and only making the mystery more and more complicated?
Many TIA! Victory! Peace!

p.s.
Stuck around Week 10 or 11 of "Amachan"; I really couldn't care less for all that "idol" stuff... Bored Grumble
Does it go on for many weeks? Beaten
junny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pash wrote:

Could you please tell me (without spoilers Sweat ) whether there's some sort of "closure" at the end of the first season? Or does it go on without explaining anything and only making the mystery more and more complicated?
Many TIA! Victory! Peace!

No closure, as the story continues in the special and season 2. There is a surprise in the last episode of season 1, which is the reason why season 2 exists.

blog
pash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

No closure, as the story continues in the special and season 2. There is a surprise in the last episode of season 1, which is the reason why season 2 exists.

Thanks junny! I'll wait until it properly ends before watching it then! Victory! Peace!
pash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still stuck in the middle of "Amachan" (I read the synopsis, found out that the idol stuff is gonna stay until the end of it, and I'm afraid I lost interest atm)... Grumble
Almost finished with "Bungaku Shoujo" which is only "meh"... Sweat
Finished "3-nen A-gumi: Ima Kara, Mina-san wa Hitojichi desu": WHOA!!! Shocked Applaud Bow
junny

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still on Anata no Ban desu, ep 14 just got a little crazy...

It's remake summer, so I'm surprisingly watching a bunch of remakes: Voice, Signal and Two Weeks.

Also slowly making my way through Nusumareta Kao, which is very good so far (2 eps in).

Trying to finish Kinou nani Tabeta as well.

blog
pash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I knew that whichever dorama I watched right after "3-nen A-gumi..." would be at risk of faring poorly in the unavoidable comparison, so I decided to go with one I deemed bad from the start so as not to "ruin" any potentially good dorama, and maaaaaan, did I choose accurately: "Love & Farm" is even worse than I'd expected. If we asked Kumeta-sensei (the guy who did "Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei") to make one of his crazy recaps, it would probably be something like this:

"Six members of a talent agency hide in the Hokkaido countryside, masking their true identities and posing as students from an agricultural faculty. They're spotted right away though, and at the farm, instead of being welcomed with cow dungs and all kinds of smells, they are showered with pink overalls, rainbows and unicorns. Their reaction is ruthless: first they invent the least efficient way ever to move hay from one place to another, then they purposedly injure one of the cows, forcing the farmer to sell it to the slaughterhouse. All the while, aliens hide in the shadows and conduct experiments on them every night, making them up and doing their hair while they're asleep".

Or something like that, LOL. Mr Green
BAD-BAD-BAD!
I doubt I'll manage to finish it...
(whereas I might give "Amachan" another chance - I read that the last weeks are supposedly very good...)
pash

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching "Kinpika" and "Kakegurui" (it's K's week, LOL) and liking 'em both, so far...(whereas I watched "Chanpon Tabetaka" and found it a missed opportunity)
pash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Finished" "Kakegurui" (I write "finished" 'cause actually I had no idea that the two seasons would be wrapped up and given a proper ending only in the subsequent movie, still unsubbed atm... Grumble ); better than I had expected it to be, though I reserve my final judgement only after I'll have watched the movie too.

Almost finished "Kinpika", it started well but lost its charm right away due to a dull script, imho. (it seems like a silly American TV series, only with Japanese actors: lots of appearance, too little substance)

Started "Princess Maison", surprisingly good so far, given the übersimple premise - but then again, this proves my previous point: a good script can work perfectly without music/photography/artsy editing/Parkinsonian camera movements; the other way around just doesn't work...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1363, 1364, 1365 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1364 of 1375

Jump to: