jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Arashi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1283, 1284, 1285

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ARASHI to release new live DVD/Blu-ray in May

ARASHI will be releasing a new live DVD/Blu-ray on May 31st.

The live DVD/Blu-ray contains footage from their performance at Tokyo Dome which was one of the shows in the groups 5 major dome tour, "ARASHI LIVE TOUR 2016-2017 Are You Happy?"

The tour, which attracted 855,000 audience members in total had a theme of "How ARASHI feels about current ARASHI". One of the highlights was each member's produced songs and stage directions which showed each of their characteristics strongly.

Both DVD and Blu-ray will have a limited edition as well as a standard edition. The limited edition will include the Yokohama Arena performance from their "ARASHI 'Japonism Show' in Arena", while the standard edition will have "Documentary film -Ayuhapi-" which follows the members from planning for the tour to the final performance.

Source: Oricon
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Masaki Aiba and Jun Matsumoto to appear in NTV Special Bokura no Yuuki - Miman City 2017"

Arashi's Aiba Masaki and Matsumoto Jun will be appearing in the upcoming NTV drama SP "Bokura no Yuuki ~ Miman City 2017" starring KinKi Kids which will be shown on 21 July at 9pm. The drama SP is the sequel of the 1997 drama and marks the 20th anniversary of KinKi Kids' CD debut. At that time, Aiba and Matsumoto who were 14 years old, made their first appearance in a drama through this work. As the two of them have been doing mainly leading roles in recent years, this will be a rare chance to see them in supporting roles.

In the original science-fiction drama, Yamato (Koichi) and Takeru (Tsuyoshi) were part of a group of underage youths who lived a micro-organism outbreak which killed all the adults in a town named Makuhara and struggled to survive in the aftermath. Aiba played Akira who was a member of a delinquent group while Matsumoto played Mori, a teenager who dreamt of reuniting with his elder sister. In the SP set 20 years after the drama, Akira and Mori will return as adults to reunite with Yamato and Takeru.

Aiba commented that he is honoured to be able to participate in this 20th anniversary commemorative work and had fond memories of the drama as he just entered Johnny's Jimusho then and was struggling to learn how to act. Through the filming, he managed to learn the joys of being able to act in and produce a drama while looking at the KinKi Kids members. As for Matsumoto, he described the drama as a memorable work for him and said that he had learnt a lot from KinKi Kids at that time. He pledged to work hard in the SP so as to make a small contribution towards the success of this sequel.

It was also announced that in conjunction with the impending broadcast of the SP, the 10-episode drama series will be available for viewing via Hulu from 1 July. The DVD and Blu-ray versions of the drama will also be released for sale from 19 July.

Sources: Nikkansports / Sanspo / Oricon 1 / Oricon 2
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Arashi to release 'Natsu Hayate' on July 25th

Arashi will release their new single "Natsu Hayate" on July 25th.

The title track will be the theme song for TV Asahi's broadcast of the '100th Japanese High School Baseball Championship'. It was composed by Yuzu's Yujin Kitagawa.

The single will be available in three versions: Limited Edition, High School Baseball Edition, and Regular Edition. The Limited Edition will also contain one brand new song and a DVD with the PV and making of video for "Natsu Hayate". The High School Baseball Edition will have a different version of "Natsu Hayate" as well as a DVD containing a PV done with some high schoolers. The Regular Edition will contain two new songs and karaoke versions.

Source: natalie
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we didn't see this coming.

Arashi to go on hiatus after 2020

On January 27th, thru Johnny's fan club site, Arashi announced that they will be going on hiatus after December 31st 2020.

In the video announcement, Satoshi Ohno said, "After many discussions, we, Arashi, will be going on hiatus after December 31, 2020."

The group will be celebrating their 20th anniversary in 2020 so they felt it was to right time to take different paths.

Source: Oricon
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NHK was announcing this with a news crawl at the bottom of the screen. Usually, the only time they do that is either when North Korea launches a missile or there's a major earthquake.

Sho Sakurai and Masaki Aiba announce their marriages

Arashi's Sho Sakurai and Masaki Aiba have both announced their marriages.

Sakurai said, "At this time, I, Sakurai Sho, would like to announce that I have gotten married. Thanks to the support of many people including my fans and everyone involved, I was able to carry out my activities until today. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. From now on, I will seriously face the things I need to do, and do my best so that you can continue to support me. I ask for your continued guidance and encouragement."

Aiba said, "I apologize that this is a private matter, but at this time, Aiba Masaki will be getting married. Although the situation changes daily, I am given a place where I can do my best and work. That is all thanks to my fans and all persons concerned who support me on a daily basis. Thank you so much as always. I will live the rest of my life with all my might together with everybody. I ask for your continued guidance and encouragement."

According to Johnny's & Associates, both Sakurai and Aiba have married non-celebrity women.
ashley juggs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
NHK was announcing this with a news crawl at the bottom of the screen. Usually, the only time they do that is either when North Korea launches a missile or there's a major earthquake.

For some fangirls, this was probably the same as a major earthquake.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ashley juggs wrote:

For some fangirls, this was probably the same as a major earthquake.

Touche. Bleah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1283, 1284, 1285
Page 1285 of 1285

Jump to: