jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1364, 1365, 1366 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpnchi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject: Currently Reply with quote Back to top

Watching: Natsuzora,Nagi's Long Vacation,Keishi Zero,Jikuu,No Work After Hours....only decent shows to watch.

Dropped watching I Turn,Fake Affair,Runway 24,Chase - very poor story lines
pash

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Currently Reply with quote Back to top

bpnchi wrote:
Watching: Natsuzora,Nagi's Long Vacation,Keishi Zero,Jikuu,No Work After Hours....only decent shows to watch.

Dropped watching I Turn,Fake Affair,Runway 24,Chase - very poor story lines

Seems like we have pretty similar tastes! Victory! Peace!
Except "Nagi no Oitoma", the titles you're watching are all in my "to watch later" list (I prefer to wait until I'm sure that they're subbed completely Beaten ), and apart "I Turn", none of the ones you've dropped interests me... w00t!

p.s.
Finished "Kinpika", total let down as far as I'm concerned.
Started "Saki ni Umareta Dake no Boku", I'm liking it so far...
pash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished "Saki ni Umareta Dake no Boku": it gets a full 10/10 for its many merits (very interesting plot, beautiful message, great performances by the leads - Aoi Yu and Sakurai Sho - and by part of the supporting cast - most of all, Kazama Morio and Kinami Haruka - btw, too bad Morikawa Aoi's role is so small Shameful Cry ) and despite its defects (the naiveté of some details - active learning is indeed a great tool, but it's not so easy to implement it, particularly in a high school environment, as shown here; the terrible performances given by Arakawa Yoshiyoshi - the guy can "play" only ONE character, and that's what he does *every single time* in *every single drama*...ANNOYING!!! - and by Takashima Masanobu - compared to him, even Dick Dastardly from "Wacky Races" was a credible, realistic and sober villain! bleh )

p.s.
Started "Koi ga Shitai"...the 1st episode seems interesting... Victory! Peace!
pash

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished "Koi ga Shitai": nice dorama, mostly well written and acted (honorable mentions for Kanno Miho, Watabe Atsuro and Tokoro George), accompanied by some lovely music. You'll need a strong suspension of disbelief, though, as these guys keep bumping into each other as if they lived in a small village, instead of a metropolis, LOL. On the other hand (and this is the reason why I don't give it a full 10/10) the characters are even "too realistic", in that none of them is fully appealing; they have too many defects and even the apparently nicest among them will reveal a dark, hidden side. Something which would have been ok in a noir, but in a romantic story seems a little out of place, imho.
pash

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've started "Confidence Man JP" and I'm loving it so far! Victory! Peace!
pash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished "Confidence Man JP" and even watched the movie: brilliant series! Applaud
p.s.
...not sure what to watch next... Sweat
junny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Three episodes into Toho Nanafun. Very slow and offbeat. Requires patience.

blog
pash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started "Aoi Tori / L'Oiseau Bleu", seems nice... Victory! Peace!
junny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Midway through Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu and it's not too bad. Karina plays her role of a tomboy pretty well, and it's always a pleasure watching Tanaka Kei. Yoshitaka Yuriko's face is blank.

blog
xploring

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got a security warning trying to reply to this thread O_o

Just started Natsuzora. I had high hopes for it. But the writing and storytelling really could be a lot better. I enjoyed the scenes between the grandpa and Natsu, but they didn't establish Natsu's character thoroghly yet after 3 weeks, and the pacing and storytelling felt awkward or disjointed at times. The writing and direction really can't compare with some of the popular asadoras in the 2000s. The people all seem really nice in their own different ways, and Hirose Suzu's acting is great as usual, so I will keep watching.
pash

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It took me ages to finish "Aoi Tori / L'Oiseau Bleu" 'cause I stopped watching it after the plot twist in the middle of it (no spoilers, I'll just say I really disliked it and was at the same time shocked and pissed off). I picked it up again after a few weeks and slowly watched it until its conclusion, but by then the magic had gone, as far as I'm concerned. The cast did just great throughout the whole series (BTW, Natsukawa Yui and Yamada Maiko, each in her own way, are both to die for - though I realized I've become older and wiser, as I'd have chosen Nagasaku Hiromi's character instead! ^_^), and the directing and photography are also top notch. Too bad for the plot, otherwise this would've been a perfect 10...as it is, I give it 8/10

p.s.Not sure what to watch next...Id' go for "Watashi, Teiji de Kaerimasu / No Working After Hours" but I'm still waiting for the last ep. to be subbed... Puppy Dog Eyes
pash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pash wrote:
p.s.Not sure what to watch next...Id' go for "Watashi, Teiji de Kaerimasu / No Working After Hours" but I'm still waiting for the last ep. to be subbed... Puppy Dog Eyes

Started "Beautiful Life", which has been in my "to-watch" list for years... Sweat Doh!
junny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pash wrote:

Pretty sure the subs for the last episode have been done for a while. Hope you get to watch it soon.

Six weeks into Hanbun, Aoi. Pretty watchable and I like the theme song. Sato Takeru looks nothing like a teenager, but he and Nagano Mei do have some cute chemistry.

blog
pash

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:
Pretty sure the subs for the last episode have been done for a while. Hope you get to watch it soon.

DramaCool has it all subbed except the last episode, whereas FastDrama has it only up to the 6th ep. (D-Addicts doesn't have it at all, and neither KissAsian)...may I ask where you've found it? Many TIA! Victory! Peace!

junny wrote:
Six weeks into Hanbun, Aoi. Pretty watchable and I like the theme song. Sato Takeru looks nothing like a teenager, but he and Nagano Mei do have some cute chemistry.

Loved her in "3-nen A-kumi"! Victory! Peace!
junny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pash wrote:

DramaCool has it all subbed except the last episode, whereas FastDrama has it only up to the 6th ep. (D-Addicts doesn't have it at all, and neither KissAsian)...may I ask where you've found it? Many TIA! Victory! Peace!

http://irozuku.org/fansub/

She is also on Twitter: https://twitter.com/irozukusubs

DramaCool and other streaming sites probably took the subs from her (and probably without asking for her permission).

blog
pash

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

http://irozuku.org/fansub/

She is also on Twitter: https://twitter.com/irozukusubs

DramaCool and other streaming sites probably took the subs from her (and probably without asking for her permission).

Arigatou gozaimasu!!! Dancing Bow Victory! Peace!

As a matter of fact, having started watching jdramas before there were streaming sites, I've always been pretty skeptical about those...but alas, over the last coupla years I've given up and started using those mostly... Sweat Beaten
pash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Meanwhile, I've watched "Saki" (not the 2013 dorama with Nakama Yukie; the 2016 short dorama about Mahjong: http://asianwiki.com/Saki_(Japanese_Drama) ) drawn in by my passion for this game (although I'm no big fan of the Japanese version aka "Riichi" "depicted" here). What to say? I'm afraid that it will result impossible to follow by those who don't know Mahjong (and I mean the REAL Mahjong, not that stupid solitaire - BTW, I keep asking myself: the guy who had the @#* idea of taking a great game like Mahjong and turning it into a lousy solitaire, what does he do when he sees a chess set? Piles the pieces randomly on top of the chessboard and then starts playing Mikado?!? Bang Head Grumble )
Back to the dorama: the problem is that even Mahjong lovers like me most probably won't appreciate it because it's horribly "shonenjumpesque" and so far removed from reality it hurts (compared to this, even the Hong Kong trilogy of "Kung Fu Mahjong" seems like a realistic depiction! Hamabe Minabi and Furuhata Seika are both very cute and good actresses, but alas, that's definitely not enough to save this dorama....3/10
pash

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm stuck halfway through "Beautiful Life" and can't find the will to continue watching it; on the one hand, I just don't like the main characters (they both seem too "cliché" to me, what can I say?); on the other hand, I may have become pickier with the years and all the jdorama I've watched (so maybe I would've loved this, had I seen it 10 years ago)... Sweat
Meanwhile, I've started "Otousan to yobasete", the 1st ep. was very good! Mr Green
arnel98

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw the other day that there's a season 2 of Kekkon Dekinai Otoko so I watched all the available eps (3 so far).
Eagerly awaiting the rest of the eps.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arnel98 wrote:
Just saw the other day that there's a season 2 of Kekkon Dekinai Otoko so I watched all the available eps (3 so far).
Eagerly awaiting the rest of the eps.

No Natsukawa Yui nor Kuninaka Ryoko this time around, though... Puppy Dog Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1364, 1365, 1366 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1365 of 1375

Jump to: