jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
The Quiz Show
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tofuuuuu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: The Quiz Show Reply with quote Back to top

Tokyograph, Fri, March 13, 2009

Sho Sakurai stars in "The Quiz Show"

Arashi's Sho Sakurai has been chosen to star in the NTV drama series "The Quiz Show." The show is a prime time version of last summer's late night drama "The Quiz Show," which starred Jin Katagiri and Shigeyuki Totsugi.

In the new version, Sakurai plays the host of a live TV quiz program. On the show, contestants who achieve 7 correct answers win 10 million yen, and those who get 8 correct answers will have one of their wishes granted by the TV network. But while the questions start off innocently enough, as the game progresses, the questions gradually delve into the contestants' past crimes or indiscretions, presenting them with the dilemma of having to confess their guilt in order to win.

Sakurai's character also has a mysterious past. Before becoming the show's host, an accident had left him in a vegetative state for six years, which also resulted in him losing most of his memories.

The supporting cast includes Kanjani8's Yu Yokoyama as the show's director, Aya Matsuura as a rookie assistant director, and Miki Maya as the producer. Broadcast begins on April 18 in NTV's Saturday 9pm time slot.

I'm looking forward to this more than Matsujun's Smile.
Anyone seen the original show yet? Sounds really good.
-----------------

THE QUIZ SHOW Season 1 available for download at jdramas LJ community. Highly recommended Thumbsup

Last edited by tofuuuuu on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Um, your sig is over the limit.
tofuuuuu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Um, your sig is over the limit.

hmmm.. i guess the sig is quite under the limit all 6 months i've been using it then? rules change?
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:
hmmm.. i guess the sig is quite under the limit all 6 months i've been using it then? rules change?

Nope.

I just didn't notice the text underneath the image.
yanie_chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: The Quiz Show Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:
Anyone seen the original show yet? Sounds really good.

The original starring Katagiri Jin and Totsugi Shigeyuki was VERY GOOD!! Combination of suspense, mystery, and psychological. It's quite insane and twisted Mr Green Crazy host, crazy director, evil producer, quirky characters. I couldn't stop watching, once I play one episode, I ended up wanting for more! Love it! The casts has top-notch acting skill. Impressed with Totsugi Shigeyuki's evil looks and Katagiri Jin's MC acting skill. At the end, I find the producer was kinda sick, but that depends on each and one's opinion. The invitation card scene at the beginning of each episode, reminds me of LIAR GAME. Some of the directing resembles Liar Game too.

In the original, the producer, Yamanobe, found the host, Tazaki, in an amnesia state and locks him in an all-white room (like an asylum). Yamanobe made Tazaki work for him as a quiz show host. Somehow Tazaki always listen to everything Yamanobe says. In the white room, Tazaki acts like a mentally ill person everytime bits and pieces of his memory comes back, when he's calm he would stare into the empty space. But once the camera rolling he'll act as an awesome MC. Each time the show gets more interesting (that is, when the guests are cornered and frustrated when their sin/dark past is being revealed), Yamanobe has this evil smile on his face.

I read some of the article news in Japanese, that Sakurai Sho's calm image will be completely changed here. So I assumed that Sho's character will be crazy and weird as well just like the host in the original. I also read that Sho will be confined by Yokoyama's character, the director. So I guess Yokoyama will take on the evil role here, not the producer.

I like Sakurai Sho, Yokoyama Yu and Matsuura Aya as individuals, but I haven't seen their acting at their best yet, so I'm a bit worried Sweat Coz the acting in the original was really great. But, I think I saw Sho acted crazy before in one of the Miracle World, and it was passable, although I hope he'll improve alot more.

But, all in all, I'm really looking forward to this!! Dancing
tofuuuuu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I just didn't notice the text underneath the image.

hmm.. i thought the character count is automatic since it won't let me submit sig with more than 200characters before. I guess it was not doing its job *shrugs*

Thanks yanie-chan for your input on the original drama Smile
I'm currently watching it now. The idols got big shoes to fill.
Quite confident with Yoko acting talent but I am crossing my fingers for Sho to nail it. The physical appearance between both original vs the remake "MC" is very different. I hope Sho will managed to act out the same manic, charismatic feel for the MC with that gorgeous face of his.

Here is a newsrepo with a little interview with Sho about the Quiz Sho:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFSUEHgsXT0
I hope somebody will translate a bit.. Sho is confused (?) about something.
crvn107

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As a preview to Sakurai Sho's version of [The Quiz Show],I've tried my hands on translating the Original version of [The Quiz Show]-my very first drama series.Rainawallis has very kindly hardsubbed episode 1 and it can be found at http://community.livejournal.com/jdramas/2698435.html .

It is a very interesting drama series,please do watch it while waiting for Sakurai's version.The original version stars Katagiri Jin and Totsugi Shigeyuki.

I am very glad Sakurai Sho is chosen to take up the role of the host.
tofuuuuu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

crvn107 wrote:
As a preview to Sakurai Sho's version of [The Quiz Show],I've tried my hands on translating the Original version of [The Quiz Show]-my very first drama series.Rainawallis has very kindly hardsubbed episode 1 and it can be found at http://community.livejournal.com/jdramas/2698435.html .

How many episodes are there? I'm watching it with subs at viiki now but it only up to 7. Please do tell if episode 8 and up is available. Thank you! Bow
Fye_D.Flowright

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

one of the drama i'm waiting for w00t! w00t! can't wait to see Yoko in dark role w00t!
crvn107

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:

How many episodes are there? I'm watching it with subs at viiki now but it only up to 7. Please do tell if episode 8 and up is available. Thank you! Bow

There are a total of 12 episodes.Is there by any chance you could read Chinese?If you can,then I know of a streaming site where they have all 12 episodes subbed in Chinese.
WD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:

Quite confident with Yoko acting talent but I am crossing my fingers for Sho to nail it.

It seems like Sho will take on the cheerful yet eccentric MC character and I think that somehow he'll manage. Yoko's best moments in Yukan Club is definitely when he turns evil, and he's also the sick and manipulative evil producer in Dream Boys 2006 and it turns out that he's one of the best players on-stage. Maybe he's just made to play evil. hehe

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
shii-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh, this one i confirm watching it.
i cant imagine how hot sho-chan will be in this series. and he's mine. XDD
crvn107

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:

Episode 8 is now available. http://community.livejournal.com/jdramas/2698435.html
But you'll have to join the community to download.
tofuuuuu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bow
Thank you!
I've skimmed through the viiki channel and it was not translated fully. Thank you for subbing it!

Is it true the drama originated from a manga? Anyone has a link to that?
I hope someone would set up an LJ community for The Quiz Show. It helps me keep track of things. Bonk
WD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:
Bow
Thank you!
I've skimmed through the viiki channel and it was not translated fully. Thank you for subbing it!

Is it true the drama originated from a manga? Anyone has a link to that?
I hope someone would set up an LJ community for The Quiz Show. It helps me keep track of things. Bonk

I think that shourai on LJ aka Destini is setting up http://community.livejournal.com/thequizshow/

But she's in need of some help right now.

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
crvn107

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:
Bow
Thank you!

Is it true the drama originated from a manga?

I read from aibakaland that this has resemblence to the manga 'National Quiz' but I can't be too sure because I haven't read it.
Here is the link.You can read it online.
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/national_quiz/
tofuuuuu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you again!

the manga looks waaaay freaky. love it! (i use too much exclamation point Sweat )
meoinkie2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

theme song will be by Arashi.. w00t!
http://onlyjun.vox.com/library/post/%E6%98%8E%E6%97%A5%E3%81%AE%E8%A8%98%E6%86%B6.html
and i don't think this one's an April Fool's joke.. Victory! Peace!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

aha! also saw the post about it here: http://community.livejournal.com/arashi_on/1532489.html
so.. anybody seen the latest scans of The Quiz Show sneak-peeks? Naughty
yuckie posted some and it's looking very promising Mr Green
crvn107

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:
aha! also saw the post about it here: http://community.livejournal.com/arashi_on/1532489.html
so.. anybody seen the latest scans of The Quiz Show sneak-peeks? Naughty
yuckie posted some and it's looking very promising Mr Green

I've seen the scan yuckie posted.Seems like they're using the same room as the one in season 1,the bed as well.What I am worried about is how much the writers are going to add to the story.Because the original one is about 20+ mins per episode but season 2 will be about 40+ mins per episode(minus commercials).I'm afraid it'd be,as the Chinese idiom goes,'drawing legs to a snake'.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: