jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1137, 1138, 1139 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KAZdoramma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

He was actually pretty good in Bushi no Ichibun...a credit to him. But I preferred Tasogare Seibei....Hiroyuki Sanada and Rie Miyazawa (my favorite actress!)

yeah love hiroyuki sanada too!! Mr Green

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jin episode 5 - still going strong. But it is at times a bit melodramatic, just a minor flaw IMHO.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KAZdoramma wrote:
yeah love hiroyuki sanada too!! Mr Green

I read that he's gonna apears in some episodes of the TV series Lost...
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I read that he's gonna apears in some episodes of the TV series Lost...

That show is still airing? Sweat
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:
That show is still airing? Sweat

I guess... I've never watched a single episode.

Isn't it just a dramatic/suspenseful version of Gilligan's Island? Beaten
shin2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I'm not a Kimutaku fan...

That makes two of us.

bmwracer wrote:
I'd take Abe Hiroshi in a catatonic state for 11 episodes over him. Beaten

One of the reasons why a good solid actor like Abe Hiroshi sticks out like a sore thumb in the dorama landscape is because the most talented leading male actors in Japan spend most or all of their time doing movies: Yakusho Koji, Sanada Hiroyuki, Nagase Masatoshi, Motoki Masahiro, Tsutsumi Shinichi, and Yoshioka Hidetaka come to mind. All of them appeared in a number of dorama series earlier in their careers, but have gone on to much better written roles and performances on the big screen. Most of the good actors who still appear in dorama-- actors like Nagatsuka Kyozo, Kagawa Teruyuki, Kohinata Fumiyo, Ono Takehiko, Kadono Takuzo and the recently departed Ogata Ken--are relegated almost always to supporting roles. Then there's an anamoly like Nishida Toshiyuki, a truly great actor who's everywhere--movies, Taiga dramas, Asadora, primetime series--in both leading and supporting roles.
yebisu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I'm not a Kimutaku fan... I'd take Abe Hiroshi in a catatonic state for 11 episodes over him. Beaten

I like them both. Takuya is a great actor in my honest opinion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yebisu wrote:

me too

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yebisu wrote:

At this time I believe KimuTaku is the most talented male actor in the Japanese arena and now that he's branching out to Hollywood he may dominate this area too. He has the same kind of chemistry that Cary Grant portrayed, a slight movement of the eyes, a miniscule turn of the head and an incredible transmission of emotions come into play. This is a talent that is very rare in the history of the acting world... I'm glad to be able to watch this giant of the stage in my lifetime.
Bow Bow Bow Bow
Eve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I find KimuTaku has a definite charisma. Hope he can pull off the world stage as well.

Abe Hiroshi is solid. Ive loved him in everything. Comedic or otherwise.

I feel Japan has higher quality TV actors than we do for the most part. Even if the best are doing films. Of course they should be. Thats where the prestige and, I would suppose, biggest $$ are.

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:

He stands head and shoulders, literally and figuratively, above most, if not all, J-drama actors. Victory! Peace!
Enna

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:
I find KimuTaku has a definite charisma. Hope he can pull off the world stage as well.

I feel Japan has higher quality TV actors than we do for the most part. Even if the best are doing films. Of course they should be. Thats where the prestige and, I would suppose, biggest $$ are.

Re Abe Hiroshi:
bmwracer wrote:
He stands head and shoulders, literally and figuratively, above most, if not all, J-drama actors. Victory! Peace!

The selection and enjoyment of watching your favorite actors is so subjective, isn't it? Even when they give them acting awards it still doesn't mean that they are the best. That is what makes watching Japanese dramas and movies so much fun; is that we have so many talented actors to choose from. Applaud Victory! Peace! As for me I enjoy watching Kimura Takuya, Abe Hiroshi and Takenouchi Yutaka. Smile All dreamy and all good solid actors! Thumbsup
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Enna wrote:

The selection and enjoyment of watching your favorite actors is so subjective, isn't it? Even when they give them acting awards it still doesn't mean that they are the best. That is what makes watching Japanese dramas and movies so much fun; is that we have so many talented actors to choose from. Applaud Victory! Peace! As for me I enjoy watching Kimura Takuya, Abe Hiroshi and Takenouchi Yutaka. Smile All dreamy and all good solid actors! Thumbsup

The voice of reason.....three reasons: Kimura Takuya, Abe Hiroshi and Takenouchi Yutaka. hehe
Eve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
i and Takenouchi Yutaka. hehe

THought I was being subtle not adding him in..... hehe

Thanx, Tu. Wink

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:

THought I was being subtle not adding him in..... hehe

Thanx, Tu. Wink

lol You crack me up, girl.
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My Girl ep 4, these past couple of eps have been on the boring side.
desert-raven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Puzzle Ep. 1

Interesting beginning...

-Dave
tofuuuuu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:
My Girl ep 4, these past couple of eps have been on the boring side.

Agree. I still haven't finished ep3 Sweat

Samurai High School 2. Mr Green
JIN 5 Thumbsup
One young samurai from Edo period ended up in a "herbivore" boy's body and a a modern doctor slipped through time and changing Edo history. I'm loving the Edo theme.
KAZdoramma

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

OK i think he's definitely good but not the best. he's reall popular actualy with actresses who starr in the same doramas with him
they all say in interviews that they luv him haha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KAZdoramma wrote:

OK i think he's definitely good but not the best. he's reall popular actualy with actresses who starr in the same doramas with him
they all say in interviews that they luv him haha

The important thing is he has the best hair.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1137, 1138, 1139 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1138 of 1375

Jump to: