jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Kuitan 1 and 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keps

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Kuitan 1 and 2 Reply with quote Back to top

As I have the blessing of bmwracer, here is the Kuitan thread!

What do others think of it? I've only seen episode 1, but I love it already.

Absolutely hilarious. I love the way Ogata looks so stern all the time, and bellows at her colleagues. And she's especially unhappy if someone dares to call her "Momo" - which nearly everyone does anyway!

Kuitan eats so much, yet is slim - I wish I knew his secret. And sniffing the mouths of others to tell them what they have (or haven't) eaten - yucky but most amusing. hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Kuitan Reply with quote Back to top

Keps wrote:
As I have the blessing of bmwracer, here is the Kuitan thread!

My blessing isn't needed, just the effort of doing a thorough search before starting a thread is enough... Thumbsup

Quote:
What do others think of it? I've only seen episode 1, but I love it already.

Same here... It's goofy and silly at times, but never juvenile. A fun drama.

And Kuitan takes his food very seriously. Mr Green

Quote:
Absolutely hilarious. I love the way Ogata looks so stern all the time, and bellows at her colleagues. And she's especially unhappy if someone dares to call her "Momo" - which nearly everyone does anyway!

Momo-chan: "Igarashi...!!!!"

Quote:
Kuitan eats so much, yet is slim - I wish I knew his secret. And sniffing the mouths of others to tell them what they have (or haven't) eaten - yucky but most amusing. hehe

He just has heightened olfactory senses... hehe
Keps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Kuitan Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

My blessing isn't needed, just the effort of doing a thorough search before starting a thread is enough... Thumbsup

Mr Green

Quote:

Same here... It's goofy and silly at times, but never juvenile. A fun drama.

And Kuitan takes his food very seriously. Mr Green

I totally agree - so much fun, but not childish.

Quote:

Momo-chan: "Igarashi...!!!!"

I felt quite sorry for Igarashi - his ears must be ringing after a day at work with Ogata!
I don't think she's capable of saying his name at a normal speaking volume, lol. hehe It's extremely funny, mind.

Quote:

He just has heightened olfactory senses... hehe

That he does! I love how people wonder what on earth he is doing right up next to their faces - then he tells them about their diet, and they are majorly surprised. rofl

Oh, and wasn't Ogata sniffing her own breath just priceless?!
Geezer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just thought I'd sneak in.

I enjoyed Kuitan from beginning to end. And without offering a spoiler... if you love the goofy style of this show... you're gonna love the fight scenes in the fnial episode. I couldn't stop laughing.

There is a special, and from the scenes I saw of it while I was slapping it on a disc and sending it to BMW... it looks fantastic.

Unfortunately the special hasn't been subbed as yet. The guy who subbed the series said subbing the special was on his "to-do" list. But it isn't a high priority. So it's gonna be a while.

And so far it's just at the rumor stage, but from what I've read, they are going to do a second Kuitan series.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:

I enjoyed Kuitan from beginning to end. And without offering a spoiler... if you love the goofy style of this show... you're gonna love the fight scenes in the fnial episode. I couldn't stop laughing.

The dance number had me rolling.

The entire show is very tongue-in-cheek... Terrific.

Quote:
There is a special, and from the scenes I saw of it while I was slapping it on a disc and sending it to BMW... it looks fantastic.

Unfortunately the special hasn't been subbed as yet. The guy who subbed the series said subbing the special was on his "to-do" list. But it isn't a high priority. So it's gonna be a while.

And so far it's just at the rumor stage, but from what I've read, they are going to do a second Kuitan series.

I'm wary about sequels, but I am interested. Victory! Peace!
Keps

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:

Geezer - I hope there is going to be a sceond series. Fingers crossed

Ohhhh! I didn't know there was a special! Dancing
You say it's gonna be a while before it's subbed - are we talking many months? *gulp*

Just watched episode 2 tonight - it was superb!

I don't really get the references to Kindaichi, though. My subs do try to explain, but they move too fast to catch it all as well as the dialogue. And I'm too lazy to rewind. hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Keps wrote:
I don't really get the references to Kindaichi, though. My subs do try to explain, but they move too fast to catch it all as well as the dialogue. And I'm too lazy to rewind. hehe

Yeah, I was a little peeved by that: they go through the trouble of giving you sidebar information on various items, yet you get very little time to read it... Grumble

I don't recall speed reading as a prerequisite for watching this drama... *extreme sarcasm*
monta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i enjoyed this dorama too...
But 2 things annoyed me a bit:

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

and...

Whatever, it was nice to watch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm Monta, I'm going to have to wait until I've finished the series before I read your spoilers (though I'm very curious as to what you didn't like)

I watched episode 3 yesterday, and the way I'm going it wont be too long before I've seen it all.

I haven't got anything bad to say about it myself...yet. But there's always time. Smile
Nermal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:

Actually, since you watched the special you should know but at the end of it they did say there was going to be a second season (or second special maybe). I do not want to spoil it because Kuitan was my reason to live throughout last winter`s dramas. Truly very nicely done! ^^
Keps

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Fab news, Nermal! Jumpie

Saw excellent (as expected) episode 4 tonight. I think I'll break into a cold sweat on episode number 9...withdrawal symptoms. hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

monta wrote:
Well, i enjoyed this dorama too...
But 2 things annoyed me a bit:

Honto??

It was totally done for laughs... And I laughed. hehe
monta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Honto??

It was totally done for laughs... And I laughed. hehe

Probably my sense of humor. I'm among the minority who thinks it's not funny. I just thought i could've been more serious since it was reaching the ending as far as i can remember

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, come to think of it, i think i did laugh at that scene. Not trying to make a let-down, especially for you Keps, since you're currently watching it. The fact that i got annoyed was just because i thought the end would be in a more serious way but not-so-dramatique, but, as far as i can remeber, i think l laughed at that part.

And well i guess the laugh was just Mr Green and not a rofl

still, enjoy...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

monta wrote:
The fact that i got annoyed was just because i thought the end would be in a more serious

That woulda been inconsistent with the entire theme of the show: tongue-in-cheek and fun.
plethman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen the complete series, I laughed as much in this series as I have in any other funny type drama. The only drawback is it makes me hungry to watch it. The music is kinda cool too.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

plethman wrote:
The music is kinda cool too.

Yeah it is. Victory! Peace!
Mshinobu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone knows where to get the Kuitan special from online?
i really want to watch that

and yes there has been news that they would be doing a sequel but i'm not too sure if its confirm

i love the 'conan' boy
Mr Green
Keps

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

plethman wrote:
I've seen the complete series, I laughed as much in this series as I have in any other funny type drama. The only drawback is it makes me hungry to watch it. The music is kinda cool too.

I'd noticed the good music too.

I especially like the track that ends the show "Kesshou" by B'z. I had never even heard of them before Kuitan.
thtl kindly provided the download of that track when I requested it.

Does anyone know - was it written specially for Kuitan? I can't find it listed in the B'z discography provided here -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%27z

B'z appear to have released 90 million albums (...perhaps I exaggerate slightly...) Smile

Hmm, I listened to some samples of other B'z songs on Last.fm recently, but none were as good as Kesshou. Grumble
Keps

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mshinobu wrote:
Anyone knows where to get the Kuitan special from online?
i really want to watch that

and yes there has been news that they would be doing a sequel but i'm not too sure if its confirm

i love the 'conan' boy
Mr Green

Mshinobu - look what I just found on ebay -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Food-Detective-Kuitan-SP-Episode-Japanese-Drama-Eng-DVD_W0QQitemZ280059540870QQihZ018QQcategoryZ617QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

With English subtitles!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: