jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2017   Summer 2017   Fall 2017   Winter 2018  
JIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xyz



Joined: 24 Nov 2001
Posts: 146
Location: Stalking Headquarter (plotting)
Country: United States

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:


You know, Nakatani Miki & Osawa Takao aren't exactly teenagers. Sweat


Osawa Takao is 43. He looks 45. Nakatani is my age and she looks like she's in the 40s. I think she even looks older than Yui Natsukawa. You know when Asians look their age that means they don't age well. If they look older than their age, it means they really don't age well. Mr Green
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eyeyore



Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Posts: 367
Location: Hayao Miyazaki's frontal lobe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

...the one playing Ryoma-san should look 31 but he isn't.

Those medical cases shown in the drama followed closely to the manga but the last episode seems to have become Ryoma-san's show instead.

I still could not figure out what is the significance of the foetus in the first episode of the first run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alterion



Joined: 22 Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Location: Midwest
Country: United States

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: budget Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious if anyone here knows what the cost per episode for this series is. It's the first j-drama that I've see that looks like it has a big budget. Does anyone know what the average costs per episode for most j-dramas is? Most American shows have an average budget of 1-3 million per episode, and the most successful/popular shows have budgets sometimes over 7-10 million per episode. Like I said, just curious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xploring



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 2012
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
According to NHK, it costs 61.1 million yen (US$536,000) to put together just one episode. In comparison, an average cooking show on NHK cost 1.7 million yen (US$15,000). More than half of the funds are spent on the sets. Yoshitsune had the most expensive set, followed by Komyo ga Tsuji and Shinsengumi!


http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Komyo_ga_Tsuji

Different series but you can get an idea. The cast's wages are a lot less compared with Americans.



http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Saka_no_Ue_no_Kumo

Another big budget series, possibly the most expensive per episode
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125495
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:
Quote:
According to NHK, it costs 61.1 million yen (US$536,000) to put together just one episode. In comparison, an average cooking show on NHK cost 1.7 million yen (US$15,000). More than half of the funds are spent on the sets. Yoshitsune had the most expensive set, followed by Komyo ga Tsuji and Shinsengumi!


http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Komyo_ga_Tsuji

Different series but you can get an idea. The cast's wages are a lot less compared with Americans.

Wow, that's surprising... I think most U.S. dramas probably cost over $1M per episode, not counting actor salaries. Sweat

Of course, that explains why there are so many reality shows on TV now: they're cheap to produce.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qnuy



Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 4327
Location: between Okada Kengo and Minakata Jin
Country: Indonesia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the last episode earned 26.1% for its rating. Banzaaii!!! Applaud Applaud Applaud


it's a good ending IMO, prepare lots of tissue before watching it Sweat
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Eyeyore



Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Posts: 367
Location: Hayao Miyazaki's frontal lobe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everything comes to a full circle at last. The photographs and letter were one big sob scene.

I didn't quite like the last few episodes when the focus was on S. Ryoma. But the the theme songs for prequel and sequel are fantastic.

Looking forward to read volume 20 of the manga..........it hasn't arrived.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Takoyama



Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 1321
Location: Tokyo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qnuy wrote:
the last episode earned 26.1% for its rating. Banzaaii!!! Applaud Applaud Applaud


it's a good ending IMO, prepare lots of tissue before watching it Sweat


+1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arnel98



Joined: 19 Jul 2003
Posts: 2194
Location: United States
Country: United States

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qnuy wrote:
the last episode earned 26.1% for its rating. Banzaaii!!! Applaud Applaud Applaud


it's a good ending IMO, prepare lots of tissue before watching it Sweat


Wow, 26% rating!!!!
Time to queue this one up for viewing!!! w00t!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125495
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Though I enjoyed the first season, I'm rather unmotivated to watch the second... Head Scratch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yanie_chan



Joined: 25 Oct 2001
Posts: 1888
Location: Bunkyo-ku
Country: Indonesia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished JIN - Season 2 at one go. I think the first 5 eps were very exciting, but as the story focuses more and more to Sakamoto Ryoma, I couldn't help myself but to fast-forward all Ryoma's scenes (without Jin). I have nothing against Uchino Masaaki's Ryoma, in fact, he's my #2 fav Ryoma (next to Ichikawa Somegoro's portrayal as Ryoma), but I just really have enough of Ryoma stories XD It is told too many times in jidaigeki dramas, even when Ryoma is not the main character, so I almost memorize Ryoma's story already, it's really getting old XD (and I didn't even watch Ryomaden last year)

Disappointment #2.. I dunno... Jin's story just didn't develop much. Perhaps if Jin-Saki's romance is more developed like in the manga, maybe it'll be more interesting? I dunno, but I'm not cheering for that couple much either, I don't see any chemistry between them. I know Saki is THE woman for Jin, in the manga. But it's quite difficult for me to root on Jin-Saki in the drama, because he seem to love Miki so much in the 1st season. Not to mention, I love Osawa-Nakatani pairing since "Xmas on July 24 Avenue", too bad the story didn't allow them to be together. But I'm not rooting for Jin-Nokaze myself, Nokaze is so different than the present Miki, I don't think Jin-Nokaze would make a good couple either^^

What's best from each episode is, yappari, the surgery scenes. They're all awesome and realistically filmed, imo. I also like Jin-sensei's character alot, always smiling and cheerful. Indifferent abt Saki, but I feel she was cuter in S1 XD

Ending
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:


There's a rumor among TBS staff, that the marketing division is proposing the idea of another JIN sequel (perhaps as a movie) due to the high popularity, but the production division opposed the idea as they have concluded the whole story in the drama's 2nd season.
I'm personally still hoping for a sequel, since I'm rooting for Minakata Jin and Tachibana Miki to get together Victory! Peace!
_________________
"Let's create a world without war together"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
xyz



Joined: 24 Nov 2001
Posts: 146
Location: Stalking Headquarter (plotting)
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yanie_chan wrote:
Just finished JIN - Season 2 at one go. I think the first 5 eps were very exciting, but as the story focuses more and more to Sakamoto Ryoma, I couldn't help myself but to fast-forward all Ryoma's scenes (without Jin). I have nothing against Uchino Masaaki's Ryoma, in fact, he's my #2 fav Ryoma (next to Ichikawa Somegoro's portrayal as Ryoma), but I just really have enough of Ryoma stories XD It is told too many times in jidaigeki dramas, even when Ryoma is not the main character, so I almost memorize Ryoma's story already, it's really getting old XD (and I didn't even watch Ryomaden last year)

Disappointment #2.. I dunno... Jin's story just didn't develop much. Perhaps if Jin-Saki's romance is more developed like in the manga, maybe it'll be more interesting? I dunno, but I'm not cheering for that couple much either, I don't see any chemistry between them. I know Saki is THE woman for Jin, in the manga. But it's quite difficult for me to root on Jin-Saki in the drama, because he seem to love Miki so much in the 1st season. Not to mention, I love Osawa-Nakatani pairing since "Xmas on July 24 Avenue", too bad the story didn't allow them to be together. But I'm not rooting for Jin-Nokaze myself, Nokaze is so different than the present Miki, I don't think Jin-Nokaze would make a good couple either^^

What's best from each episode is, yappari, the surgery scenes. They're all awesome and realistically filmed, imo. I also like Jin-sensei's character alot, always smiling and cheerful. Indifferent abt Saki, but I feel she was cuter in S1 XD

Ending
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:


There's a rumor among TBS staff, that the marketing division is proposing the idea of another JIN sequel (perhaps as a movie) due to the high popularity, but the production division opposed the idea as they have concluded the whole story in the drama's 2nd season.
I'm personally still hoping for a sequel, since I'm rooting for Minakata Jin and Tachibana Miki to get together Victory! Peace!


I watched Jin because I thought Saki is the woman for Jin. Jin's story didn't interest me. I'm surprised it's so popular. It's kind of average to me. As for Miki, I hated her at first sight and was hoping she would disappear soon along with Ryoma. hehe I dunno. I can't stand the way she smiles. hehe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
anon001



Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Posts: 22


PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i finished watching it yesterday

for me, clearly i have to accept how the story tied up together..
they wrapped up everything at the final episode. the consequence has it where the original history totally changed after minakata jin sensei return to the future. it does make sense after all he did in EDO era.

thus i am not really agreed on how they ended the love story between saki and jin..i can see how uneasy saki feel after Jin dissapeard. she is the one unlucky enough to suffer and try to remember everything ever happen in past 6 yrs. she even endured her lifetime to be single after believed that she has lost the loved of her life. poor saki to live her life wandering so much without having a single clue of what exactly happen (unless a box with a coin in it)..
compared to minakata jin, he is considered to b the lucky one.
he knew exactly what actually happen in past and present life. he know what history has changed after returning to his world. afterall, the fate allow him to have 2nd life with his late history lover (miki). so in presence the two of them will be joint together for sure. (assuming the last operation on tachibana miki going just fine)
so happy ending for jin-miki and suffer ending for saki. Beat You

the truth is i dont like how they ended the story (due to my pitiness to saki) but, it seem that is the only way to finalized the time-slipping tragedy. which driven the main character on returning to the world he belong.
however i love how the writer expand saki character to b more courages and insightful along the series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Susan



Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 107
Location: In the Darkness
Country: Canada

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also just finished the the finale of season 2. I was satisfied. JIN is a modern masterpiece of storytelling.

I'm surprised to see so much in the way of anti-Ryoma sentiments! The first half of season 2 felt almost as if the show was running in place at that point, spinning its wheels, while things went on in the background. It didn't get going for me until the focus shifted to Ryoma and how he brings about the end of the Edo period. Moreso than Saki and Jin, I was rooting for Jin and Ryomo. Could you find a better pair of friends? They were wonderful together and I felt the whole development of history was more interesting than watching Jin introduce medical treatments that only he would ever fully understand in that era, and would undoubtedly be forgotten soon after he left. An-donuts are all well and good, but I sort of felt I was being patronized with that and stories like it. There's no way anything they brought in could reach the epicness of "inventing" penicillin!

The ending was just amazing. I cried and laughed and smiled to see how things turned out in the past. On the one hand, however, I'm disappointed Jin couldn't change his fate and that they decided against developing Saki and Jin's relationship. That was the most frustrating part of the series! On the other hand, I think it was all for the best. But I won't be rooting for Jin-Miki couple.

As much as I loved the series and wish there could somehow be more, they wrapped it up in such a way that I don't see how a sequel is possible. Perhaps they could tell a story from the intervening years that Jin spent in Edo though. 6 years was a long time and we only saw glimpses of what he did there. I'm sure there's more story to tell. Anything else would be over stretching it. I mean, you could do the story of someone else's time slip (one which was mentioned in the show), but then it wouldn't be called "JIN." You might have JIN unexpectedly time slip again, this time further? Closer? It might be very interesting to see JIN fall back in time to WWII or a bit earlier, for example, or just after. 1945 was a tumultuous year for Japan. Can you imagine JIN in the thick of it? Okay... I might watch that. XD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
yanie_chan



Joined: 25 Oct 2001
Posts: 1888
Location: Bunkyo-ku
Country: Indonesia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Susan wrote:
It might be very interesting to see JIN fall back in time to WWII or a bit earlier, for example, or just after. 1945 was a tumultuous year for Japan. Can you imagine JIN in the thick of it? Okay... I might watch that. XD

Nah... I prefer Jin to fall back to the Sengoku period, where he can revive Oda Nobunaga or Toyotomi Hideyoshi hehe
_________________
"Let's create a world without war together"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
EstherM



Joined: 08 May 2007
Posts: 2331
Location: in South Atami
Country: Belgium

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Though I enjoyed the first season, I'm rather unmotivated to watch the second... Head Scratch


Me too Sweat I liked the first episode of the new season and the reviews here are mainly positive! Not sure what's stopping me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125495
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yanie_chan wrote:
Nah... I prefer Jin to fall back to the Sengoku period, where he can revive Oda Nobunaga or Toyotomi Hideyoshi hehe

Haha.

Nobunaga, yes, Hidyoshi, no. Bleah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arnel98



Joined: 19 Jul 2003
Posts: 2194
Location: United States
Country: United States

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have just recently finished s1 and now midway through s2.
This is really a great series - I like how they have introduced modern medicine in the story.

I hope they do come up with another season and deliver the same or better level of entertainment that the previous ones did
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125495
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arnel98 wrote:
I hope they do come up with another season

From what I've read, that's not likely, since the story does end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arnel98



Joined: 19 Jul 2003
Posts: 2194
Location: United States
Country: United States

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

From what I've read, that's not likely, since the story does end.

ah, thats too bad.
I'm still midway though so havent seen ending yet.

well, hopefully some new series spawns after this with a similar motif Mr Green
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum