jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2017   Summer 2017   Fall 2017   Winter 2018  
Japanese Entertainment News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 173, 174, 175  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125496
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

March 01, 2004


Actress Washio Isako (35) has given birth to her second child. She and actor Nakamura Toru (38) already have a five-year old daughter. Nakamura is currently in rehearsals for a stage production to start next month. Washio regularly appears in TV commercials and magazines and plans to continue her career. • Kabuki actor Ichikawa Ennosuke (64) has had to drop out of an Osaka production due to start next week for medical reasons. His part will be taken by Ichikawa Danjiro (35). Ennosuke was diagnosed late last year with a brain aneurism during a run at a Fukuoka theater and hospitalized for a month.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enau



Joined: 14 May 2001
Posts: 736
Location: Indonesia
Country: Indonesia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
March 01, 2004


Actress Washio Isako (35) has given birth to her second child. She and actor Nakamura Toru (38) already have a five-year old daughter. Nakamura is currently in rehearsals for a stage production to start next month. Washio regularly appears in TV commercials and magazines and plans to continue her career. Kabuki actor Ichikawa Ennosuke (64) has had to drop out of an Osaka production due to start next week for medical reasons. His part will be taken by Ichikawa Danjiro (35). Ennosuke was diagnosed late last year with a brain aneurism during a run at a Fukuoka theater and hospitalized for a month.



Omedetto Toru chan Applaud Applaud Muack Muack



I hope the Mommy and the newborn are in good condition. Big Grin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125496
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

March 02, 2004


According to the latest edition of Flash magazine, former Morning Musume member Ichii Sayaka (20) is five months pregnant and on the verge of getting married. The couple were spotted moving to Ichii's family home. Ichii left the mega-popular group in May 2000 and formed the trio Ichii Sayaka and Cubic Cross. Not one to avoid mixing business with pleasure, she is now hooked up with her guitarist, Yoshizawa Naoki (28). She officially retired from the music business last November.


March 03, 2004


Actor Watanabe Ken (44) didn't manage to win an Oscar, but he was thrilled just to have been the first Japanese nominated in 37 years, for his role in "The Last Samurai." And he vowed that the Academy Awards hadn't seen the last of him. "To be honest, I wanted the award," he said after the ceremony. "I wanted to have a chance to stand on that stage and thank everyone in Japanese theater and movies." The other Japanese nominee that didn't quite make it was Yamada Yoji's movie "Tasogare Seibei" (The Twilight Samurai) in the Best Foreign Feature category.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Michi



Joined: 10 Dec 2001
Posts: 3308
Location: cloud 9
Country: Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i want Watanabe Ken to win too!!
too bad he didnt...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125496
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Michi wrote:
i want Watanabe Ken to win too!!
too bad he didnt...

Big Grin I think everybody here at Jdorama wanted Watanabe-san to win. Oh well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ahochaude



Joined: 01 Oct 2003
Posts: 10291
Location: Matsuhama-cho, Ashiya-shi, Hyogo-ken, Japan
Country: United States

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Oh well.


Rolling eyes Sad Cry
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Michi



Joined: 10 Dec 2001
Posts: 3308
Location: cloud 9
Country: Malaysia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125496
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

March 04, 2004


Godzilla is to make his last big screen appearance at the end of this year, his 50th anniversary. "Godzilla - Final Wars", to be directed by Kitamura Ryuhei, will be the 28th movie in a series spanning the entire postwar period. Moviemaker Toho Co. announced the giant lizard's imminent demise on Tuesday. The movie will feature a whopping ten other infamous monsters, in an effort to boost sagging fan numbers. The last two Godzilla films have been disappointing, perhaps a side-efect of the Hollywood-ization of one of Japan's most revered characters in 1998.
Movie posters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rony Oka



Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Posts: 75
Location: Sioux Empire
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: man.. Reply with quote Back to top

Man I was like so mad well not that mad, when Ken Watanabe didn't win at the oscars. Mad Angry

I think he got jipped.
well better luck next time Ken Watanabe!! Big Grin Beaten
_________________
YuTaKA TaKEnOUchI RuLEz!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ahochaude



Joined: 01 Oct 2003
Posts: 10291
Location: Matsuhama-cho, Ashiya-shi, Hyogo-ken, Japan
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
March 04, 2004


Godzilla is to make his last big screen appearance at the end of this year, his 50th anniversary. "Godzilla - Final Wars", to be directed by Kitamura Ryuhei, will be the 28th movie in a series spanning the entire postwar period. Moviemaker Toho Co. announced the giant lizard's imminent demise on Tuesday. The movie will feature a whopping ten other infamous monsters, in an effort to boost sagging fan numbers. The last two Godzilla films have been disappointing, perhaps a side-efect of the Hollywood-ization of one of Japan's most revered characters in 1998.
Movie posters


Too many Godzilla movies (IMO)
Can't beat the classic.
But I also liked Godzilla vs. Mothra
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ahochaude



Joined: 01 Oct 2003
Posts: 10291
Location: Matsuhama-cho, Ashiya-shi, Hyogo-ken, Japan
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Michi wrote:
Hug


Ah, a woman's comfort!

Can't beat that!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Akakage



Joined: 23 Apr 2003
Posts: 9069
Location: Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:


Too many Godzilla movies (IMO)
Can't beat the classic.
But I also liked Godzilla vs. Mothra


Hehehe..that's my favorite too.. Beaten (now it reminds me of my childhood memory..watching Godzilla in a big screen with my brother and my parents). Stick to the classic with less CG..more plastic ruber fighting and wire monster flying around hehe


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125496
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:


Too many Godzilla movies (IMO)
Can't beat the classic.
But I also liked Godzilla vs. Mothra

I think I read somewhere that they were going to release the original Japanese version, Gojira, on DVD... No Raymond Burr, no dubs, no extra scenes... Big Grin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
niko2x



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 4009
Location: East Coast, US
Country: Hong Kong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i honestly don't think that this will be the last gojira. I mean, it's an institution and plus it's still raking in the $$$$$. It would be the same with ultraman as well. Those 2 are old and still making loot from merchandising.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125496
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
i honestly don't think that this will be the last gojira. I mean, it's an institution and plus it's still raking in the $$$$$. It would be the same with ultraman as well. Those 2 are old and still making loot from merchandising.

Yep. If there's an audience and money to be made, we'll see more... Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thetenken



Joined: 08 Nov 2003
Posts: 435
Location: USA
Country: United States

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: man.. Reply with quote Back to top

Rony Oka wrote:
Man I was like so mad well not that mad, when Ken Watanabe didn't win at the oscars. Mad Angry

I think he got jipped.
well better luck next time Ken Watanabe!! Big Grin Beaten


Er, did you even watch Mystic River?

It's awesome, though, that Watanabe-kun is going to be playing Ra's al Ghul. He's one of the best Batman villains. Man, I'm so excited about the new Batman movie, it seems like it's going to be really, really good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125496
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

March 05, 2004


Baseball legend Nagasima Shigeo (68) was hospitalized yesterday for a stroke. The man they call "Mister", revered for his cavalier play in the golden era of the Yomiuri Giants, recently guided the Japanese Olympic team to qualification for this year's games in Athens. His son, former baseball player and now a TV personality, Nagashima Kazushige said, "Now we leave everything to the doctors and wait for my father's recovery."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wsim



Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 112
Location: Canada
Country: Canada

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Yep. If there's an audience and money to be made, we'll see more... Smile



Yeah, well, they don't intend to making any more gojira films for at least another decade after this latest one. Expect to see a long hiatus for the series as the directors and producers decide what to do with gojira in the next generation.


Indeed, the old ones were classic.


Though, I wish them luck on their latest film.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ahochaude



Joined: 01 Oct 2003
Posts: 10291
Location: Matsuhama-cho, Ashiya-shi, Hyogo-ken, Japan
Country: United States

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I think I read somewhere that they were going to release the original Japanese version, Gojira, on DVD... No Raymond Burr, no dubs, no extra scenes... Big Grin


Oh boy, they better!! I'm getting sick of all of these "generic" re-makes/sequels...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125496
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:


Oh boy, they better!! I'm getting sick of all of these "generic" re-makes/sequels...

Yeah, Hollywood doesn't seem to be very creative lately... And it doesn't help that the remakes suck...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 173, 174, 175  Next
Page 2 of 175

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum