jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2017   Summer 2017   Fall 2017   Winter 2018  
Basketball (NBA, College, etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 366, 367, 368, 369  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125495
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
NBA playoffs started yesterday. The Clippers, keeping with their tradition of being able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory lost to the Warriors 109-105 thereby losing home court advantage. Shake Head

Chris Paul committed a turnover and clanked two free throws down the stretch... rofl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 11530
Location: The real world, no alternative facts
Country: Finland

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, the Clips managed to win game 3 up in Oakland, but you've got to wonder how much this will affect them. There's stupid and then there's REAL
stupid: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/clippers-owner-donald-sterling-caught-on-tape-telling-his-girlfriend-to-not-bring-african-americans-to--my-games-064539618.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125495
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Okay, the Clips managed to win game 3 up in Oakland, but you've got to wonder how much this will affect them. There's stupid and then there's REAL
stupid: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/clippers-owner-donald-sterling-caught-on-tape-telling-his-girlfriend-to-not-bring-african-americans-to--my-games-064539618.html

Once a dumbass, always a dumbass. Shake Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 11530
Location: The real world, no alternative facts
Country: Finland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This could work out for the Clippers. They might finally get an owner that wants to keep them competitive: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-bans-donald-sterling-for-life--fines-him--2-5-million-for-racial-comments-181803437.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
junny



Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Posts: 469


PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
This could work out for the Clippers. They might finally get an owner that wants to keep them competitive: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-bans-donald-sterling-for-life--fines-him--2-5-million-for-racial-comments-181803437.html


Way overdue, this dude had no business owning a sports team. Clippers need a decent owner!
_________________
In love 玉木宏、藤木直人、佐藤健 Smitten

blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 11530
Location: The real world, no alternative facts
Country: Finland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 11530
Location: The real world, no alternative facts
Country: Finland

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lakers' coach Mike D'Antoni resigns

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni resigned Wednesday after less than two seasons on the job.

Team spokesman John Black confirmed D'Antoni's resignation, ending the brief tenure of the Lakers' fourth head coach in less than three years.

D'Antoni went 67-87 after taking over the Lakers early in the 2012-13 season. He replaced the fired Mike Brown, who lasted just 71 games after replacing 11-time NBA champion coach Phil Jackson.

The injury-plagued Lakers were 27-55 this season, their worst campaign in more than 50 years. With Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol missing large chunks of the season, Los Angeles missed the playoffs for only the third time in 38 years.

''Given the circumstances, I don't know that anybody could have done a better job than Mike did the past two seasons,'' Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said. ''On behalf of the Lakers, we thank Mike for the work ethic, professionalism and positive attitude that he brought to the team every day. We wish him the best of luck.''


The problem with this team was not the coach. Whoever replaces him has his work cut out for him.

And Magic with his "couldn't be happier" Tweet. What a dickhead. Beat You
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeNolan



Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 241
Location: No California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Mark Jackson might be the Lakers next coach. Warriors owner so dumb for firing him Shake Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 11530
Location: The real world, no alternative facts
Country: Finland

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of people seem to be lobbying for Byron Scott. If you take away his record with the Nets when he could put Jason Kidd on the floor for 40 minutes a night it's not very good.

But he is an ex-Laker and in some peoples world that the most important thing. Head Scratch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 11530
Location: The real world, no alternative facts
Country: Finland

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They don't coach like this anymore. If you're watching this at work you might want to turn the sound down, Doug is a little aggravated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyJ7zrCBHoo

Doug is a little more polite to the referees: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrD89k9KtXg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 11530
Location: The real world, no alternative facts
Country: Finland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SPURS WIN!!

SPURS WIN!!

SPURS WIN!!

Must be something about silver and black.

Not to worry Raider haters. The Raiders still suck and will probably suck for quite awhile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125495
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
SPURS WIN!!

SPURS WIN!!

SPURS WIN!!

The Heat got a most enjoyable beat down... Twisted

Three straight blowouts by the Spurs to take the championship. Applaud Applaud Applaud
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 11530
Location: The real world, no alternative facts
Country: Finland

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All those LeBron James Miami Heat jerseys just became obsolete (or collectible depending on your point of view):

LeBron James returns to Cleveland

Four years after leaving Cleveland to chase championships with the Miami Heat, LeBron James is returning home.

James made the announcement in a first-person essay on Sports Illustrated's website.

"I always believed that Ifd return to Cleveland and finish my career there," James told SI's Lee Jenkins. "I just didnft know when. After the season, free agency wasnft even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasnft going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125495
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jeremy Lin joins the Lakers... And Pau Gasol joins the Bulls.

Not an improvement in Laker land, I think. Sweat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 11530
Location: The real world, no alternative facts
Country: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When he had Jason Kidd in New Jersey he was a good coach. When he had Chris Paul in New Orleans he was a good coach. When he had a bunch of stiffs in Cleveland he was a bad coach. And let's face it, except for #24, he's got a bunch of stiffs with the Lakers: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11270271/byron-scott-agrees-terms-los-angeles-lakers-become-head-coach
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125495
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
When he had Jason Kidd in New Jersey he was a good coach. When he had Chris Paul in New Orleans he was a good coach. When he had a bunch of stiffs in Cleveland he was a bad coach. And let's face it, except for #24, he's got a bunch of stiffs with the Lakers: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11270271/byron-scott-agrees-terms-los-angeles-lakers-become-head-coach

But the Lakers have Jeremy Lin...!

Hmm, I guess that proves your point. Beaten
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qilver



Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Posts: 25363


PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

But the Lakers have Jeremy Lin...!

Hmm, I guess that proves your point. Beaten


j. Lin!!!
A back up Nash and Lin leading it should be interesting, but it would be a slim chance Lakers making the playoffs this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125495
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:
j. Lin!!!
A back up Nash and Lin leading it should be interesting, but it would be a slim chance Lakers making the playoffs this year.

Yup, pretty slim.

If Kobe wasn't so greedy, the Lakers would have more money to bring in more talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 11530
Location: The real world, no alternative facts
Country: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This could be why the Spurs are the best organization in the NBA, they're not afraid to think outside the box.

Spurs hire Becky Hammon as first full time paid woman assistant coach in NBA

The San Antonio Spurs made history on Tuesday when they announced the hiring of Becky Hammon. Hammon has played in the WNBA for 16 seasons, and after becoming a naturalized Russian citizen in 2008, played on the Russian basketball team in the 2008 and 2012 Olympic games. She can now add "first hired female assistant coach in the NBA" to her already impressive resume.

From the Spurs:


The San Antonio Spurs today announced that Becky Hammon has been hired as an assistant coach. Per club policy terms of the contract were not announced.

Hammon, who is currently in her 16th WNBA season, announced on July 23 that she would retire as a player at the conclusion of the 2014 season. Named one of the WNBA's Top 15 Players of All-Time in July of 2011, Hammon ranks seventh in WNBA history in points (with 5,809), fourth in assists (1,687) and sixth in games (445).

gI very much look forward to the addition of Becky Hammon to our staff,h said Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich. gHaving observed her working with our team this past season, I'm confident her basketball IQ, work ethic and interpersonal skills will be a great benefit to the Spurs.h

"She knows when to talk, and she knows when to shut up. That's as simple as you can put it, and a lot of people don't figure that out. c She knows how to do it, and our players really respond to her. She's just a natural."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 11530
Location: The real world, no alternative facts
Country: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mavs signs Japanese guard Yuki Togashi

DALLAS (AP) — The Dallas Mavericks have signed Japanese guard Yuki Togashi after he played on their summer league team.

Togashi averaged 5.3 points in four summer league games. The native of Niigata, Japan, played high school basketball in the U.S. at the school that produced Kevin Durant.

After his graduation from Montrose Christian School in Maryland in 2012, Togashi played professionally in his native country in 2013-14, averaging 16.3 points and a league-high 7.6 assists per game for the Akita Northern Happinets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 366, 367, 368, 369  Next
Page 367 of 369

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum