jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2017   Summer 2017   Fall 2017   Winter 2018  
Aishiteiru to Ittekure
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikki



Joined: 07 Jul 2004
Posts: 42
Location: Fussa-shi, Tokyo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Aishiteiru to Ittekure Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh... they're rerunning it on TBS right now. Although it's just about 10 yrs old, I love this dorama to death. Anyhows, I felt some odd urge to tell the world, since I'm just estatic. Back to watchin'!

Anyhows, anyone wanna talk about it Bleah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikiko



Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Posts: 54
Location: Earth, East coast (miss the West)
Country: United States

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Aishiteiru to Ittekure Reply with quote Back to top

hikki wrote:
Ahhh... they're rerunning it on TBS right now. Although it's just about 10 yrs old, I love this dorama to death. Anyhows, I felt some odd urge to tell the world, since I'm just estatic. Back to watchin'!

Anyhows, anyone wanna talk about it Bleah


I LUV it too!!!!! Lovey Eyes I just ordered a copy from PCModem (very affordable). I used to live near San Fran, CA and I used to watch it on KTSF. That is, until my family moved in '95 and I was about 4 episodes from the end. So even after 10 years, I still don't know what happened but I never stopped thinking about it.

Thank God for the internet... Applaud And the fact that I found this site! Where I live now (in hell...or Maryland, same thing) I can't (for the love of anything) find a station that plays Asian (pref. Japanese) dramas. Oh, I miss it. Puppy Dog Eyes

I'm so (impatietly) waiting for the dvd copies to come.... You're lucky enough to have a channel that plays jdrama.

I was thinking of looking into getting a dish network - I have cable so maybe that's part of the problem.

What episode is coming on this week? Or has it started yet?

(p.s. I love the song too by Koizumi Kyoko-even more so because I recently heard the english version too. It makes the song mean so much more...you know, when you can understand it.)

Mikiko
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
hikki



Joined: 07 Jul 2004
Posts: 42
Location: Fussa-shi, Tokyo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I live in a city in Tokyo... so, there are plenty of Japanese channels Bleah

They've been showing it daily... I think that it's on the 4th episode right now... the one where Koji goes and takes Shiori out of some club...

As for the end... it's pretty nice. I need to go out to a DVD shop and pick up a boxset of it... although one with English subtitles is pretty tempting.

Hmm... what song is by Koizumi Kyoko? I picked up the soundtrack to the Drama back in 96... and I only remember a vocal song by Dreams Come True (with Yoshida Miwa). I still love the song... and they use the English version of it for a Toyota Van commercial out here in Japan.

-----

It's kinda funny how this dorama wouldn't have been quite the same today. I mean, they have cell phones now... which are mostly dirt cheap out here... They wouldn't have had all of the issues with Hiroko being too broke to get a fax machine... or with Shiori being a punk by trying to break it... They wouldn't have all of these miscommunications about meeting up, etc... Ahhh... cell phones, they take some of the surprise (and frustrations) out of romance Bleah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KouSeiya315



Joined: 14 Dec 2001
Posts: 1837
Location: United States
Country: United States

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Aishiteiru to Ittekure Reply with quote Back to top

Mikiko wrote:


I LUV it too!!!!! Lovey Eyes I just ordered a copy from PCModem (very affordable). I used to live near San Fran, CA and I used to watch it on KTSF. That is, until my family moved in '95 and I was about 4 episodes from the end. So even after 10 years, I still don't know what happened but I never stopped thinking about it.

Thank God for the internet... Applaud And the fact that I found this site! Where I live now (in hell...or Maryland, same thing) I can't (for the love of anything) find a station that plays Asian (pref. Japanese) dramas. Oh, I miss it. Puppy Dog Eyes

I'm so (impatietly) waiting for the dvd copies to come.... You're lucky enough to have a channel that plays jdrama.

I was thinking of looking into getting a dish network - I have cable so maybe that's part of the problem.

What episode is coming on this week? Or has it started yet?

(p.s. I love the song too by Koizumi Kyoko-even more so because I recently heard the english version too. It makes the song mean so much more...you know, when you can understand it.)

Mikiko


I sorta know how you feel Mikiko. I'm right above you in PA. We have absolutely no channels that show Japanese TV. I'd be fine with no subtitles. But we have nothing. Most areas like ours have some Asian TV, but not always Japanese. Japanese programming seems to be more common in NY and North Jersey. Puppy Dog Eyes Where I live we have a couple Korean programs (daily dramas), but some places have more. In Maryland there are some Korean programs, maybe a few more than we have up here.

As for Aishiteru to Itte Kure, you should give Orange Days a shot too. I believe it's by the same writer. AtIK showed the apple, and Orange Days has the orange Big Grin I liked Orange Days quite a bit. It's sorta similar, with a deaf person and use of sign language.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
pcmodem



Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Posts: 2247
Location: SF Bay Area
Country: United States

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Aishiteiru to Ittekure Reply with quote Back to top

KouSeiya315 wrote:

As for Aishiteru to Itte Kure, you should give Orange Days a shot too. I believe it's by the same writer. AtIK showed the apple, and Orange Days has the orange Big Grin I liked Orange Days quite a bit. It's sorta similar, with a deaf person and use of sign language.


Yep, I'm waiting for Buruburu to finish obtaining all the subtitled episodes for Orange Days.

If you're Asian, or into Asian culture, the two best places to be are the SF Bay Area and Los Angeles. The only thing we really lack are Asian radio stations.
-PCM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikiko



Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Posts: 54
Location: Earth, East coast (miss the West)
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hikki wrote:
I live in a city in Tokyo... so, there are plenty of Japanese channels


I'm very jealous. I planned a trip to Japn about 10years ago, but let everyone talk me out it...sadly Doh!


hikki wrote:
Hmm... what song is by Koizumi Kyoko? I picked up the soundtrack to the Drama back in 96... and I only remember a vocal song by Dreams Come True (with Yoshida Miwa). I still love the song... and they use the English version of it for a Toyota Van commercial out here in Japan.


Sorry 'bout that...Koizumi Kyoko sings the song "My Sweet Home" for the dorama, My Sweet Home. (I miss this one too...especially, since I didin't see the end of this one either.)

You're right, Dreams Come True does both the Japanese & Eng. version of that song. I love that song...every now & then, I'd catch my self humming or singing it over the last 10 years. Dancing


hikki wrote:
It's kinda funny how this dorama wouldn't have been quite the same today. I mean, they have cell phones now... which are mostly dirt cheap out here... They wouldn't have had all of the issues with Hiroko being too broke to get a fax machine... or with Shiori being a punk by trying to break it... They wouldn't have all of these miscommunications about meeting up, etc... Ahhh... cell phones, they take some of the surprise (and frustrations) out of romance Bleah


True! Also, Koji wouldn't have any excuses - since he could have the phone on vibrate and they could always use the text features!! Victory! Peace!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Mikiko



Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Posts: 54
Location: Earth, East coast (miss the West)
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Aishiteiru to Ittekure Reply with quote Back to top

KouSeiya315 wrote:

I sorta know how you feel Mikiko. I'm right above you in PA. We have absolutely no channels that show Japanese TV. I'd be fine with no subtitles. But we have nothing. Most areas like ours have some Asian TV, but not always Japanese. Japanese programming seems to be more common in NY and North Jersey. Puppy Dog Eyes Where I live we have a couple Korean programs (daily dramas), but some places have more. In Maryland there are some Korean programs, maybe a few more than we have up here.


Much agreed!! I don't understand Japanese anymore (not that I really did before, but)...All I can remember is Watashi wa, i yana tinki desu ne, so desu ne, Mushi mushi - hai, Mikiko desu. So, I'd be lost in translation to say the least, however, I did watch Shogun and Hashiran Ka without subtitles and still enjoyed the program.


pcmodem wrote:
If you're Asian, or into Asian culture, the two best places to be are the SF Bay Area and Los Angeles. The only thing we really lack are Asian radio stations.
-PCM


Everyday, I contemplate just picking up and leaving. I don't even want to pack. I'll buy new stuff when I get out there!! ::wants to go back to CA:: Bang Head <---For ever leaving!


Mikiko
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
pcmodem



Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Posts: 2247
Location: SF Bay Area
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Aishiteiru to Ittekure Reply with quote Back to top

Mikiko wrote:


Everyday, I contemplate just picking up and leaving. I don't even want to pack. I'll buy new stuff when I get out there!! ::wants to go back to CA:: Bang Head <---For ever leaving!


Mikiko


Well, there are jobs again in the SF Bay Area, just pack up your friends and family and head West! hehe

On the other hand, real estate out here is ridiculously expensive. Bang Head
-PCM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dochira



Joined: 13 Oct 2004
Posts: 8550
Location: California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Aishiteiru to Ittekure Reply with quote Back to top

Mikiko wrote:


...So, I'd be lost in translation to say the least, however, I did watch Shogun and Hashiran Ka without subtitles and still enjoyed the program.

Mikiko


I thought they aired Hashiranka with subtitles...otherwise I would've been completely lost. Sweat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikiko



Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Posts: 54
Location: Earth, East coast (miss the West)
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Aishiteiru to Ittekure Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:


I thought they aired Hashiranka with subtitles...otherwise I would've been completely lost. Sweat


I don't remember. I thought it was one of the doramas I watched w/o subs. You may be right. I remember there was cute actor on the show...(of course, I'd remember that - right?)

Naughty

Mikiko
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
KouSeiya315



Joined: 14 Dec 2001
Posts: 1837
Location: United States
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Aishiteiru to Ittekure Reply with quote Back to top

Mikiko wrote:


Much agreed!! I don't understand Japanese anymore (not that I really did before, but)...All I can remember is Watashi wa, i yana tinki desu ne, so desu ne, Mushi mushi - hai, Mikiko desu. So, I'd be lost in translation to say the least, however, I did watch Shogun and Hashiran Ka without subtitles and still enjoyed the program.

Mikiko


Oh, I don't mind not having subtitles. Not that my Japanese has improved, but in fact I'm losing it from lack of use. It's pretty @$$y now, even moreso than before Shameful Cry I haven't really spoken the language since I came back from Japan, I studied abroad from 05/2003-08/2003. I had about 2.5 or 3 years of the language and thus got a minor in college. If anything my listening comprehension was best of all, so I didn't/don't mind the unsubbed shows at all. In fact I love almost all Japanese TV, much of it was so ridiculous it was entertaining! rofl I can at least get the gist of what's going on Beaten Since I had previous exposure before going, I was about the only one in my apartment building/study abroad group who loved the TV and understood a good portion of it Bonk I wanna go back and visit at least a few more times in my life though, and I also wanna pursue the language again. I finished college and all the classes my school(s) offered, so I have to go private once I get financially settled and ready. I want to be able to have a conversation again, read websites fairly well again, and etcetera! Right now I don't know how functional I am in Japanese language, can't be very much. Shameful Cry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
dochira



Joined: 13 Oct 2004
Posts: 8550
Location: California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I completely understand what you're saying. I can feel all my Japanese knowledge just leave me each day. It got so bad at one point that I would go to a Japanese store and try to speak to them in Japanese. Of course they would reply in English since trying to converse in Japanese was difficult for both of us... It's too sad. Puppy Dog Eyes

Oh, this drama was one of my first Japanese dramas I watched. I've been hooked ever since.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikiko



Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Posts: 54
Location: Earth, East coast (miss the West)
Country: United States

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:
Oh, this drama was one of my first Japanese dramas I watched. I've been hooked ever since.



Me too! I think this was the third dorama I started to see. There was like four dramas I was watching @ the same time (My Sweet Home, Aishiteiru to Itte Kure, Shogun and Hashiranka!). They all started different weeks, but they were all on during the same season - which of course, I never saw the end of any of them (since we moved).

But of the ones listed above, Say You Love Me, is by far my fave. I love Koji's eyes... Lovey Eyes

I want to say that this show helped my descision in registering in Nihongo classes at Sako Gakuen (SF, CA - I miss it). But I guess it comes down to what I've always thought (and still do think), which is that we (those who don't speak or know Japanese) are missing bits & pieces of what's actually being said when the characters speak as opposed to reading the screen.

Besides, I would (for once) like to be able to watch the show (or at least be able to read the actors' faces instead of reading the screen) especially during emo scenes...you know? Head Scratch


Mikiko
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
dochira



Joined: 13 Oct 2004
Posts: 8550
Location: California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mikiko wrote:

Besides, I would (for once) like to be able to watch the show (or at least be able to read the actors' faces instead of reading the screen) especially during emo scenes...you know? Head Scratch


In due time....I hope. I really wish passing the Level 3 proficiency test would improve my understanding of the language. In some ways it has, but not to the point where I feel totally confortable conversing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikiko



Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Posts: 54
Location: Earth, East coast (miss the West)
Country: United States

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since I'm still holding my breath - I hope to be able to breathe this week (when I should receive my copy of Aishiteiru to Itte Kure - complements of PCModem).

I can't promise that I won't plow through the whole serires once it comes, however, I will try to make it last since some things shouldn't be rushed. hehe


Mikiko
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Mikiko



Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Posts: 54
Location: Earth, East coast (miss the West)
Country: United States

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mikiko wrote:
Since I'm still holding my breath - I hope to be able to breathe this week (when I should receive my copy of Aishiteiru to Itte Kure - complements of PCModem).
Mikiko


Actually, I just found out that it came on Saturday! Dancing (Thanks or no thanks to my husband, who said he forgot to tell me when I got back from shopping, Saturday afternoon.)

Let me just say, I love you, PCM!!! Bow

Anyway!! I'm stoked - so I watched the first 2 eps. tonight. It's like 10 years ago all over again!! Just like before, I fell in love w/ Koji at the end of the first ep. Smitten

I'm gonna try to be good and do one ep. a night... we'll see how long that lasts.

Thank you, thank you, domo arigato PCM!!! Thanx!


Mikiko
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
pcmodem



Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Posts: 2247
Location: SF Bay Area
Country: United States

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mikiko wrote:

Anyway!! I'm stoked - so I watched the first 2 eps. tonight. It's like 10 years ago all over again!! Just like before, I fell in love w/ Koji at the end of the first ep. Smitten

Mikiko


As they sang in another Tokiwa Takako dorama,

"Just like before
It's yesterday once more..."
-PCM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikiko



Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Posts: 54
Location: Earth, East coast (miss the West)
Country: United States

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pcmodem wrote:


As they sang in another Tokiwa Takako dorama,

"Just like before
It's yesterday once more..."
-PCM


I remember wanting to be her (Hiroko/ Takako). Mainly, of course because she gets to be with Koji (Etsushi)...it's so sweet. Love (And I always said that I hate romantic stuff - but I have to admit, this show gets me where Casablanca doesn't!)

On to ep. 4 tomorrow night.


Mikiko
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
pcmodem



Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Posts: 2247
Location: SF Bay Area
Country: United States

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watched the first 3 episodes last night and, as always, found myself hypnotized by Tokiwa Takako's charm. Bonk Lovey Eyes

On a related note, if you like Koji so much, you should watch Love Letter, the movie featuring Nakayama Miho and Toyokawa Etsushi. Although he's only a supporting character for the film, he's in it for a long time -- the main character is Miho's.
-PCM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hikki



Joined: 07 Jul 2004
Posts: 42
Location: Fussa-shi, Tokyo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I may have to order from PCmodem as well, since it's kinda hard to find a box set of Aishiteiru to Itterkure laying around at most stores...

I've been working weird shifts for this past week (plus the fact that my coworker died)... made me miss most of it on TV...

Yea... ToyoEtsu was great in this dorama... too bad he doesn't do too many dorama.

I'm still eagerly awaiting Takako's next work... the most recent thing I saw her on was an ad for coffee in the vending machine...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum