jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Upcoming JDramas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 146, 147, 148  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xploring

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ken Watanabe stars in love story
Tue, January 19, 2010 (12:22am EST)
For his next role, actor Ken Watanabe (50) will take on a comedic romance drama called "Toomawari no Ame," penned by celebrated scriptwriter Taichi Yamada. He will co-star with actress Yui Natsukawa (41).

The story is set in the Kamata neighborhood of Tokyo, which is full of factories. Watanabe plays Sohei Fukumoto, who lives in the neighborhood with his wife and rebellious daughter. When an incident occurs at the factory he once worked at, he runs into his former girlfriend Sakura (Natsukawa). Sakura has married Kiichi, who was Sohei's co-worker and friend during his time at the factory. However, Sohei's old feelings for Sakura begin to resurface.

NTV plans to air the drama sometime in March. Filming begins next month.
Source: Sponichi Annex
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:
Ken Watanabe stars in love story
Tue, January 19, 2010 (12:22am EST)
For his next role, actor Ken Watanabe (50) will take on a comedic romance drama called "Toomawari no Ame," penned by celebrated scriptwriter Taichi Yamada. He will co-star with actress Yui Natsukawa (41).

The story is set in the Kamata neighborhood of Tokyo, which is full of factories. Watanabe plays Sohei Fukumoto, who lives in the neighborhood with his wife and rebellious daughter. When an incident occurs at the factory he once worked at, he runs into his former girlfriend Sakura (Natsukawa). Sakura has married Kiichi, who was Sohei's co-worker and friend during his time at the factory. However, Sohei's old feelings for Sakura begin to resurface.

NTV plans to air the drama sometime in March. Filming begins next month.

Oooh.

This should be good: two fine actors paired together. Victory! Peace!
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Oooh.

This should be good: two fine actors paired together. Victory! Peace!

And no spiky haired stick boys or j-pop idol wannabe actors. Hopefully this is the start of a new trend. w00t!
Sorata

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow Watanabe Ken and Natsukawa Yuki Applaud

That�Ls one hell of a cast, a romantic comedy with this two is bound to be gold.

I thought Watanabe Ken was done with J doramas, his hollywood career seems bigger than that( The letters of Iwa Jima, Batman Begins and The Last Samurai), not to mention he�Ls gonna be one of the main characters in Christopher Nolan�Ls new movie together with Leonardo Dicarpio.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorata wrote:
Wow Watanabe Ken and Natsukawa Yuki Applaud

That�Ls one hell of a cast, a romantic comedy with this two is bound to be gold.

Right on. Thumbsup

Quote:
I thought Watanabe Ken was done with J doramas, his hollywood career seems bigger than that( The letters of Iwa Jima, Batman Begins and The Last Samurai), not to mention he�Ls gonna be one of the main characters in Christopher Nolan�Ls new movie together with Leonardo Dicarpio.

I think most Japanese actors can jump back and forth between dramas and film with no problem... It's not like here in the States. Sweat
Wynter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've posted all the Winter 2010 shows, but I think I'm missing a few...

Please let me know if you found something missing or an error!

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From Dorama World:

Ueno Juri to star in 2011 Taiga Drama "Gou ~ Himetachi no Sengoku" �]�`�P�����̐퍑

Ueno Juri will be playing the lead role in 2011's NHK Taiga drama, "Gou ~ Himetachi no Sengoku" (Gou ~ The Warring Times of the Princesses). This makes her the 10th female lead in Taiga's 50-year history. Coincidentally, Ueno is also from the same agency as Fukuyama Masaharu who plays the lead role in this year's Taiga. This is the first time that actors from the same agency are playing the lead roles in consecutive years.

Ueno's role will be Gou, the third daughter of Azai Nagamasa and Oda Nobunaga's younger sister. Gou lost her parents during a war and she became known as one of the famous three sisters during the Warring Times. Her eldest sister Yodo became the wife of Toyotomi Hideyoshi while her second sister Hatsu married into a famous family. Gou later became the 1st wife of the Tokugawa Hidetada after two earlier marriages. She was to become the mother of Tokugawa Iemitsu later and created the Ooku in Edo City.

WOW. Victory! Peace! Applaud w00t! Dancing

NikkanSports: http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/f-et-tp0-20100126-589307.html
Yomiuri: http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/news/20100126-OHT1T00065.htm
Sponichi: http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2010/01/26/08.html
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to say "Let's hope it's not like Atsu Hime" and then I read this from Tokyograph:

Juri Ueno to lead 2011 taiga drama

NHK has announced the lead for its 2011 taiga drama series. Titled "Gou ~Himetachi no Sengoku~," the drama will star actress Juri Ueno (23)
and is based on an original script by "Atsu Hime" writer Kumiko Tabuchi.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
I was going to say "Let's hope it's not like Atsu Hime" and then I read this from Tokyograph:

Juri Ueno to lead 2011 taiga drama

NHK has announced the lead for its 2011 taiga drama series. Titled "Gou ~Himetachi no Sengoku~," the drama will star actress Juri Ueno (23)
and is based on an original script by "Atsu Hime" writer Kumiko Tabuchi.

LOL, I just saw that on the Wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C5%8D:_Himetachi_no_Sengoku

I guess Ralph will be watching. Beaten
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I guess Ralph will be watching. Beaten

Head Scratch What I meant was, she didn't do a very good job with Atsu Hime so I wouldn't get my hopes up for this one.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Head Scratch What I meant was, she didn't do a very good job with Atsu Hime so I wouldn't get my hopes up for this one.

Oh. Sweat
Geezer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It will be interesting to see how they try to spin the characters of those three little princesses into... heroines.

Based on the impression I've gotten of them, from the bazillion Taiga's I've watched, I would have thought they'd be better candidates for a J-Horror movie.

Three little innocents, from a very very scary family gene pool, who grew up to live lives filled with murder, plots, grand scale power grabs, and of course... wars that ended the Toyotomi "dynasty" after one generation.

I hope they don't try to sugar coat them too much. I'd love to see a Taiga based on the Three Witches.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
It will be interesting to see how they try to spin the characters of those three little princesses into... heroines.

Based on the impression I've gotten of them, from the bazillion Taiga's I've watched, I would have thought they'd be better candidates for a J-Horror movie.

Three little innocents, from a very very scary family gene pool, who grew up to live lives filled with murder, plots, grand scale power grabs, and of course... wars that ended the Toyotomi "dynasty" after one generation.

I hope they don't try to sugar coat them too much. I'd love to see a Taiga based on the Three Witches.

I'm sure there'll be NHK "sanitizing"... Maybe even more so since it's their 50th Taiga.
Stevie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

whats this new Juri Drama that i just read coming out in 2011
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am sure they will try to replicate the ratings/commercial success of Atsuhime. I thought the lead would be quite a few years older though, rumour last year had Shinohara Ryoko in the lead.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:
I am sure they will try to replicate the ratings/commercial success of Atsuhime.

I think that's what prompted this 2011 project.

Quote:
I thought the lead would be quite a few years older though, rumour last year had Shinohara Ryoko in the lead.

Shinohara is more than a few years older... More like a decade older. Sweat
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:

I think we already know the answer to that one. I don't know too much about "Gou", but if I were casting for "Yodo" I'd be looking for someone makes Lady Macbeth look like Mother Teresa.
K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tinyamaki wrote:

Yikes!!!! Kame as Kyohei????
OMG!!! I love this Anime and I read the manga so I hope this one doesn't screw Fingers crossed

Kame as Kyohei = already screwed Shameful Cry Shameful Cry

I like the manga and anime as well.
I don't know who the actress is, but its going to be hard to pull of Sunako chan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

K.T.Tran wrote:
Kame as Kyohei = already screwed Shameful Cry Shameful Cry

True for any role he's in. bleh
xploring

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ikki Sawamura stars in detective drama
Thu, February 4, 2010 (4:07am EST)
Actor Ikki Sawamura (42) will star in a television drama series next season, titled "Keishichou Shissounin Sousaka." The show is based on a popular series of police novels by author Shunichi Doba. The three volumes released so far have sold an estimated total of 300,000 copies.

Sawamura plays Kengo Takashiro, a police detective who was once a top member of his station's 1st Investigative Division. But his attitude changed ever since his daughter disappeared. Now part of the Missing Persons Division, he carries this deep wound with him as he tackles various cases.

The show's heroine will be Kengo's colleague, the only female detective in the Missing Persons Division. The actress for the part is being chosen through an audition that includes both professionals and amateurs.

"Keishichou Shissounin Sousaka" will be broadcast by TV Asahi on Friday nights at 9:00pm, starting in April.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 98 of 148

Jump to: